Why are people like this alive? Watch

ddonnyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
So? Why should that make any difference? If homosexuality is as bad as any sin, and everyone is a sinner, why does anyone care?
again... everyone is a sinner. but not everyone is a 'proud' sinner - which practising homosexuals are. they seem to be demanding that the church decree -contrary to the bible- that what they are doing is right. no other sinners are doing that. other sinners go to church, accept their sins and try to repent. you dont see self confessed serial rapists demanding to be bishops do you?
Tomber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ddonnyy)
again... everyone is a sinner. but not everyone is a 'proud' sinner - which practising homosexuals are. they seem to be demanding that the church decree -contrary to the bible- that what they are doing is right. no other sinners are doing that. other sinners go to church, accept their sins and try to repent. you dont see self confessed serial rapists demanding to be bishops do you?
So you're drawing a comparison between homosexuals and serial rapists. Nice.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Paxdax)
Hence it's all a lie. :rolleyes:

God of the Gaps, eh?

Why would any of it have any credibility when it was written by a group of men who were affected by social standards? It's just a bunch of lies or delusions.
Lol, I completely agree that the Bible (and the Kuran and etc) are all rubbish. However, if you're going to have faith in one of those books, at least do it with some degree of rationality and perspective.
ddonnyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tomber)
So you're drawing a comparison between homosexuals and serial rapists. Nice.
my bad. terrible choice of example.

tsr: homosexuals are not the same as rapists.

just thought i'd make that clear.

i just chose a sin at random.
Usar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by steelmole)
Haha, that's a classic video. Then they just hymn him out. Brill.

Seriously though, you think we should kill people who heckle bishops? Or you think we should kill gay bishops? I think you consider death too lightly.

Heckling in church might actually make it worth going...
I don't think he should be killed. I obviously overreacted, but what kind of **** deliberately embarrasses a bishop that has suffered so much?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ddonnyy)
As I've said before, you're completely demonising gay people.

Firstly, most gay people in the UK do not give a crap about the Anglican church, or any church for that matter. Most people in the UK are strictly secular. Secondly, gay Anglicans who wish that the Anglican Church rids itself of discriminatory practices do so because they genuinely interpet the Bible that way. Thirdly, there are many straight heterosexuals (both clergy and lay) who interpret the Bible in a fashion that has meant that they are in agreement with their gay Anglican counterparts. It's not a 'gay' thing.
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Usar)
I don't think he should be killed. I obviously overreacted, but what kind of **** deliberately embarrasses a bishop that has suffered so much?
Am I the only one who thought it might be a false flag?
Fillette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gene Robinson is quite an irritating guy from the radio shows I've heard him on, but no way should he be treated like that! It just shows taht the Anglican church is so confused nowadays...
.:Gamble:.
Report 10 years ago
the guys right

*runs away*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .:Gamble:.)
the guys right
Right about what? His hair style?
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Usar)
Someone with clear beliefs. Honestly, I don't even think it's that bad, he just shouted a few things. There are bigger things to worry about in the world.
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steelmole)
There are bigger things to worry about in the world.
The crux of the issue indeed. Shame Anglicans can't see it like that.
Mush
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hahahahahahahaha. I love that man.

I hope in all seriously that he isn't actually religious, and was merely showing up to point out yet another hypocrisy in Christian practice. It's the type of thing I would do, then leave on my motorbike and go back to my agnostic ways. Just for the sake of irony, have an Agnost shout repent at the ****ing Christian. The churches and chapels need to be questioned like this...
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, but what the hell, this bishop is gay? I read a bit of it in this mornings paper but didn't get to read the whole deal, but what on earth, Christianity OPPOSES homosexuality.

No I am not making an open statement saying I hate gays, I am simply saying WTF.
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .:Gamble:.)
the guys right

*runs away*
I do agree with you there, the way he went about it wasn't exactly the best but I guess he really did want to put his opinion out there..
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by StotheL)
Sorry, but what the hell, this bishop is gay? I read a bit of it in this mornings paper but didn't get to read the whole deal, but what on earth, Christianity OPPOSES homosexuality.

No I am not making an open statement saying I hate gays, I am simply saying WTF.
Well certain interpretations of Christianity oppose homosexuality.
Holty-Dave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Demokrat)
Christians lol
I understand if they wanna believe something but why do they have to impose their own opinions on other people in some kind of salvation of righteousness, are they on a ******ing cruisade or something? That guy shouldn't be acting like that but he'd claim he's doing it as an act for god.

When do we ever see any good things being done as an act for god? :no:
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tomber)
Well certain interpretations of Christianity oppose homosexuality.
I don't know about that. Last time I checked Catholics and Protestants but opposed homosexuality, Christianity routes back to Jesus, his Christian disciples and Adam and Eve etc, and as far as I'm aware of the bible did not permit homosexuality, so why do these churches read from it.

Again, I do not have any problems with gays in fact I have several gay friends, I just don't think it's right to preach hypocrisy.
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holty-Dave)
When do we ever see any good things being done as an act for god? :no:
People do them all the time, the media just doesn't care. They only want the juicy scandalous stories slapped across the front page, 'man gives $1 million to a church in Africa' doesn't sound like a great headliner for any national newspaper, instead they want rubbish like 'Angelina's twins in £10m bidding war' - do we give a *******s? I know I don't, at least the man doing good for God story would maybe make us think our world is a little bit better as opposed to reading about Angelina Jolie being knocked up.
~|Shock|~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have one question for you instead

Why are you trolling?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (102)
19.73%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (211)
40.81%
Nope, not that interesting (204)
39.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed