rockettheracoon1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have undiagnosed social anxiety and find it very difficult to make friends. I have 5ish in year 13 but I'm in year 12 so can't speak to anyone during lessons etc
My main issue is I'm always scare to talk as I don't want to say something stupid incase they'll hate me. This leaves me not contributing in class which often annoys teachers (some more than others!)
Any tips/advice?
Advertisement
Marcoo4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Start by speaking to someone you sit next to or work with in group projects and if you like each other they will probably invite you into their friend group- people are more willing to make friends in college then you think.
rockettheracoon1
Rep:
?
Thanks, I go to the sixth form of my previous school so I know most people. I've chosen to not sit next to be (my logic is I don't want to annoy them as they might not want to sit next to me)
Advertisement
adhfdhdfhf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Try some public speaking? Maybe that will increase your confidence.
rockettheracoon1
Rep:
?
(Original post by adhfdhdfhf)
Try some public speaking? Maybe that will increase your confidence.
I go to a youth theatre and sometimes preform onstage. I can speak onstage no problem but directly with somebody I find it difficult. This may be because on stage I have a prerehersed script but IR people don't have a script?
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by rockettheracoon1)
I have undiagnosed social anxiety and find it very difficult to make friends. I have 5ish in year 13 but I'm in year 12 so can't speak to anyone during lessons etc
My main issue is I'm always scare to talk as I don't want to say something stupid incase they'll hate me. This leaves me not contributing in class which often annoys teachers (some more than others!)
Any tips/advice?
hey, sorry you feel this way. Im at university and feel the same way. I've come to realise that i get more done and stop wasting time but at the same time i feel really lonely all the time, feel quite down and feel as tho ppl dont really want to be friends with me or get to know me. All i can say is try and talking to ppl in your lessons, it helps because it make you realise what you have in common and also makes it easier to talk to them outside class
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads