The Student Room Group

Moving abroad- For love?

So i went through this breakup around sept/ october this year. not long after I met this boy through same app, only thing is he was studying abroad in 🇬🇧 and is from 🇺🇸.
I didnt want to jump back to something serious right away, as thatd be a rebound i suppose.
So i told myself if he wants to keep in touch fine , if not not a big deal, even if i found him cute and all. and have a thing for north american guys.
Anyways, to go straight to the point, weve known each other since october now so a monthish and feelings grew bigger everyday, til he asked what i thought about going back to states, with him. He seems to really want me to go there and perhaps move in with him as he also said hed want to get his own place as he still lives with his parents in Seattle.
I do want to visit him and all but he still has 6 months of uni to go back home, he said hed be busy but would still make time fr me if i came after December holidays, if i get a decently paid job in 🇬🇧 first that is.
So today he came to see me right after his first exam, and before he left i asked what wed do once we both leave ( hes gonna b travelling around europe with a friend in december & ill b in asia to see my sister) nd he said wed still see each other bfore nd then theyd figure smt to get me to go states. not sure how , but thats what he said. kind of made me feel a bit better..
But I know its not easy situation. I feel like ive come to a point where my time in this country has come to an end, i lost plenty of friends and I kind of feel like a change of as scenery and people, and Id like to have a family one day. with a few dogs lol. And i kind of want to start over too, with him. I picked my man and dont want to let him go.
What do you think are the next steps to take ? ofc keeping in touch nd communication between us during the next months.. and focusing on getting a job so i can save up some money fr states. 🤔
Loads to think about! 🌎💞🌍
ps: im european hes american, 25 & 26.
he told his family nd friends about me nd so did i.
He's asking you to move in with him (to an ENTIRELY new country) after knowing him for 2-3 months AND you're imagining starting a family with him? Sounds silly.

If you really want to move, then do it. It just seems ridiculous to do it with him, though.
(edited 4 years ago)
Are you trolling? He sounds like a serial killer.
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV
Are you trolling? He sounds like a serial killer.

lol nope.. why would i be ? and why a serial killer ? it was all very spontaneous thats all.
Reply 4
Original post by Lilli22
He's asking you to move in with him (to an ENTIRELY new country) after knowing him for 2-3 months AND you're imagining starting a family with him? Sounds silly.

If you really want to move, then do it. It just seems ridiculous to do it with him, though.

yes one month that meant a lot. im just asking here for advice not for people to judge ok.
Just want people who have been or are in similar situations to give their opinion etc
dont just make assumptions.. geez🙄
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
yes one month that meant a lot. im just asking here for advice not for people to judge ok.
Just want people who have been or are in similar situations to give their opinion etc

Original post by Lilli22

i had known my ex fr 9 months nd stil felt like i didnt really know him. so time doesnt really mean anything.
So what r u gonna do if he breaks up with you

25 my ass.
So i went through this breakup around sept/ october this year. not long after I met this boy through same app, only thing is he was studying abroad in 🇬🇧 and is from 🇺🇸.
I didnt want to jump back to something serious right away, as thatd be a rebound i suppose.
So i told myself if he wants to keep in touch fine , if not not a big deal, even if i found him cute and all. and have a thing for north american guys.
Anyways, to go straight to the point, weve known each other since october now so a monthish and feelings grew bigger everyday, til he asked what i thought about going back to states, with him. He seems to really want me to go there and perhaps move in with him as he also said hed want to get his own place as he still lives with his parents in Seattle.
I do want to visit him and all but he still has 6 months of uni to go back home, he said hed be busy but would still make time fr me if i came after December holidays, if i get a decently paid job in 🇬🇧 first that is.
So today he came to see me right after his first exam, and before he left i asked what wed do once we both leave ( hes gonna b travelling around europe with a friend in december & ill b in asia to see my sister) nd he said wed still see each other bfore nd then theyd figure smt to get me to go states. not sure how , but thats what he said. kind of made me feel a bit better..
But I know its not easy situation. I feel like ive come to a point where my time in this country has come to an end, i lost plenty of friends and I kind of feel like a change of as scenery and people, and Id like to have a family one day. with a few dogs lol. And i kind of want to start over too, with him. I picked my man and dont want to let him go.
What do you think are the next steps to take ? ofc keeping in touch nd communication between us during the next months.. and focusing on getting a job so i can save up some money fr states. 🤔
Loads to think about! 🌎💞🌍
ps: im european hes american, 25 & 26.
he told his family nd friends about me nd so did i.

Honestly from my point of view i would be thinking, have i known this guy long enough. I would think about maybe visiting the states at first get to know him and his family and his friends. See if moving my entire life would be worth it, like would we last. Also id be thinking of how much of a great oppurtunity it would be even if we didnt last i could maybe find what i am possibly missing and experience a whole different life. However you have to think do you really see yourself lasting with this guy and do you really know him enough to move in with him x

I have made no assumptions in my comment. My advice is that you are making quite an irrational decision that is based solely on your emotion. He could easily turn out to be completely different from how he's been treating you.

Ultimately, it's your decision. I'm not you. Just try to be safe.
Totally irrational decision to go so soon after knowing someone for such a short amount of time imo. A massive life decision with big implications for something that might not even work out..
Original post by Lightskinbrudda
So what r u gonna do if he breaks up with you

25 my ass.

no need to be rude here , dude. 🙄
if youve got nothing helpful to say, then refrain frm commenting plsz
You don't know him lol
no need to be rude here , dude. 🙄
if youve got nothing helpful to say, then refrain frm commenting plsz

Its why u made the thread. Tk get answers stop *****ing.

Do you think he'd move from the states to live with you in europe lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending