Can a year 8 date a year 10 Watch

Anonymous1232111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm a year 8 girl (13 years old) and I like a guy who is in year 10 (14 nearly 15)I've looked up if this is OK but a lot of people say no because of middle school and high school. But I am British so we are both I'm high school (Just thought I'd say that) He's really nice and sweet, is it OK that I like him?
harrisong12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You're both underage, so if you do anything sexual (which I really hope you won't at your age) there will be no charges. When he turns 16 however, and you're still together, then he might get into trouble if he done anything sexual.

My best advice is to focus on school and enjoy your youth
ramzinoo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You may like him and that’s completely fine, loads of girls have crushes on older guys and stuff but it’s unlikely for a normal year 10 would to go for someone 2 years younger It’s like, it’s not weird for a 23 year old + 25 year old to be together, but it’s a little weird for a year 10 + year 8 to be, or even a year 12 + year 10 etc. Just not the conventional age I guess
Last edited by ramzinoo; 2 months ago
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes it’s okay for you to like him. A yr 8 and a yr 10 but ik it won’t be good if you date him because instead of the age difference, it’s how young you are rn is more worrying and it won’t help him and probably will get negative view on it and might affect him as he’s older; most of the relationships with this age difference will not be successful no offence. If you were older, this age difference wouldn’t matter but since you’re 13, you just recently joined high school (ik you’re in yr 8 but you were in yr 7 last year) and he’s already preparing for his GCSEs.
Anonymous1232111
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Yes it’s okay for you to like him. A yr 8 and a yr 10 but ik it won’t be good if you date him because instead of the age difference, it’s how young you are rn is more worrying and it won’t help him and probably will get negative view on it and might affect him as he’s older; most of the relationships with this age difference will not be successful no offence. If you were older, this age difference wouldn’t matter but since you’re 13, you just recently joined high school (ik you’re in yr 8 but you were in yr 7 last year) and he’s already preparing for his GCSEs.
Thanks this was really helpful xx
Anonymous1232111
Rep:
?
(Original post by ramzinoo)
You may like him and that’s completely fine, loads of girls have crushes on older guys and stuff but it’s unlikely for a normal year 10 would to go for someone 2 years younger It’s like, it’s not weird for a 23 year old + 25 year old to be together, but it’s a little weird for a year 10 + year 8 to be, or even a year 12 + year 10 etc. Just not the conventional age I guess
Thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (115)
59.28%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.15%
No- I want it (55)
28.35%
No- I don't want it (14)
7.22%

Watched Threads