The Student Room Group

English Language

Hi does anyone know how to really really improve in English paper 1 aqa, I got a level 3 in a recent paper and I'm so disappointed because I really thought I made relevant point's.. I've tried so much and my teacher doesnt mark past papers.
Get another teacher to get it mark for you because feedback is really important for you to consolidate. The other one that’s significant is learn and practice exam techniques. Idk what else like ngl
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
there's literally no other teacher to mark the exams for me. But Tysm!!
Original post by alishbits
there's literally no other teacher to mark the exams for me. But Tysm!!

That’s horrible. Maybe get an a level student kind of to help you or one of your friends. Good luck tho
i did edexcel so i'm not sure how siliar they are.
What I did, however, is that whenever I id a past paper, two things you need to keep in mind. The AO (assessment objective), firstly. This should be detailled in the mark scheme. Make sure you are writing what the question is asking, otherwise the examiner can't give you credit for it!
Secondly, when looking at the mark scheme look at the credible content and highligh where this is in your response. You can then see what's relevant in your answer and what is not. Also, read the examiners repot and the examples to see what needs to be included and what the examiners liek
Reply 5
Omg thank you so MUCH...this sounds really helpful and I'm definitely trying this!!!
Reply 6
Original post by wizkid44
i did edexcel so i'm not sure how siliar they are.
What I did, however, is that whenever I id a past paper, two things you need to keep in mind. The AO (assessment objective), firstly. This should be detailled in the mark scheme. Make sure you are writing what the question is asking, otherwise the examiner can't give you credit for it!
Secondly, when looking at the mark scheme look at the credible content and highligh where this is in your response. You can then see what's relevant in your answer and what is not. Also, read the examiners repot and the examples to see what needs to be included and what the examiners liek

Their reading sections are quite different. The advice that you've given, however, is still quite sound. I too did Edexcel. I recommend following this guy's advice.
Original post by alishbits
Omg thank you so MUCH...this sounds really helpful and I'm definitely trying this!!!

Good luck! Creative writing is practically identical across all awarding bodies. I scored 40/40 on both writing sections when I did my English GCSE. If you want help with this, PM me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending