Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
im currently planning on taking a year out after my first year, and its likely i wont return to this uni and will apply at another (ive spoken to my tutor and this is possible, and makes a lot of sense for my situation)

however, i am not 100% sure i will do this, as my situation may change and i may find myself wanting to just stay at this uni and carry on as if nothing happened (seems unlikely but possible)

my question is, obviously im not going to sort out housing for second year as i will likely be home for second year rather than at uni. however, if i change my mind sometime nearer the summer, is it still possible to get housing in may/june/july? are people still looking for flatmates (e.g. if someone drops out of a house in the summer)? or would i have no choice but to leave as i have no housing sorted?

tldr, is it possible to leave housing til the summer and still get a decent place (not in halls if possible)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im currently planning on taking a year out after my first year, and its likely i wont return to this uni and will apply at another (ive spoken to my tutor and this is possible, and makes a lot of sense for my situation)

however, i am not 100% sure i will do this, as my situation may change and i may find myself wanting to just stay at this uni and carry on as if nothing happened (seems unlikely but possible)

my question is, obviously im not going to sort out housing for second year as i will likely be home for second year rather than at uni. however, if i change my mind sometime nearer the summer, is it still possible to get housing in may/june/july? are people still looking for flatmates (e.g. if someone drops out of a house in the summer)? or would i have no choice but to leave as i have no housing sorted?

tldr, is it possible to leave housing til the summer and still get a decent place (not in halls if possible)
Leave it till you know for sure. So many threads on TSR of people who signed too early or want to leave and cant shift the tenancies. Especially easy if you are commutable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (11)
68.75%
I don't have everything I need (5)
31.25%

Watched Threads