Usually have lucozade when my head feels light.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
.. and usually it helps but it got worse this time and felt my heartbeat in my head and heart beating fast out of no where. What could this be?
ModernisTT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure, but if you think it's serious, contact a doctor.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
.. and usually it helps but it got worse this time and felt my heartbeat in my head and heart beating fast out of no where. What could this be?
Go and see your GP. You should be checked at some stage for a diagnosis. Mention about what appears to be low blood sugar and they will know what to test for. You can also talk to the nurse or chemist and they will suggest whether you need to see the GP.
Possibly.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/low-bl...hypoglycaemia/
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 month ago
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go see your GP. While you're waiting have a think about when you tend to get light headed (morning, evening, standing, exercising, after eating etc), how much you're eating and drinking, if you get any other symptoms around the same time (palpitations, overheating etc), what tends to help, what makes it worse. All of that will help your doctor narrow things down.

Usually for feeling lightheaded I would try drinking some squash, having a savoury snack and laying down. That covers most bases and will hopefully help you feel better.
I would also try to make sure you are eating and drinking enough in general as well as getting enough sleep to help prevent you feeling dizzy.

Do go see your GP as well though. It could be an indicator of things like blood pressure issues or iron deficiency which they should be able to help with.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dehydration? Low blood pressure? Low blood sugar? See your GP if you are worried!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Go and see your GP. You should be checked at some stage for a diagnosis. Mention about what appears to be low blood sugar and they will know what to test for. You can also talk to the nurse or chemist and they will suggest whether you need to see the GP.
Possibly.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/low-bl...hypoglycaemia/
I have seen a gp and was tested for HBa1c (which diabetics get done and checks your average glucose levels over 3 months) and it was normal. When I test it (finger prick test) before I drink lucozade it tends to be low though
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have seen a gp and was tested for HBa1c (which diabetics get done and checks your average glucose levels over 3 months) and it was normal. When I test it (finger prick test) before I drink lucozade it tends to be low though
That's because you don't eat enough to keep it your blood sugar up - you can argue all you like about this, but if you were eating regular meals and snacks, this would not happen.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you have some form of anemia? I don't have a concrete diagnosis myself, but I frequently experience dizzy spells and that was the local GPs suggestion.
Anonymous #1
Maybe you have some form of anemia? I don't have a concrete diagnosis myself, but I frequently experience dizzy spells and that was the local GPs suggestion.
No I’m not anaemic judging by my recent bloods. I am on vitamin D supplements though and I know I’m not the only one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
That's because you don't eat enough to keep it your blood sugar up - you can argue all you like about this, but if you were eating regular meals and snacks, this would not happen.
Well I am eating at least 2 meals now, only rarely one meal and snacks tend to be sweets/lucozade due to low sugar levels. I used to manage 3 but when I wake up late what can I do? I am thinking of stopping snacks (like I did before when I never had snacks at all) in fear of developing diabetes. Before I had no meals or one meal, now I have one or 2 meals, and if I wake up early then 3 meals. My sugar didn’t drop for a very long time in my sleep, but they did today.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
I think it’s also important to mention that I am losing more discharge than usual, and my sugar levels drop when I lose too much discharge too, this happened to me before for a week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (95)
12.84%
1 (93)
12.57%
2 (94)
12.7%
19.32%
22.7%
19.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise