Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel a bit hurt when you log on to your facebook account to find you have one less friend than when you previoulsy logged on? Like today I went on and this girl from uni had deleted me for no reason whatsoever! If people don't like you then why do they add/confirm your friend requests in the first place?! I've only ever deleted one person who updated their status every 5 mins and it just got annoying, but i don't do anything like that!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because you don't want them cluttering up your news feed or status updates? To be honest I have far too many friends on Facebook, many of whom I've met only once if that, and have at times been very tempted to delete some of them myself.

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    owh nooo.. some facebook accounts just delete people by mistake.. e.g. mine decided to delete my one of my cousins and a couple of my best mates.. dnt take it 2 heart

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with people these days, it's the internet not real life.

This use to bug me as well, bt meh its only internet world and the people who deleted me were ****s anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    What is wrong with people these days, it's the internet not real life.

yeah i realise its just the internet but these are people i actually know! if they were randomers i had never met before then it wouldn't bother me but when you think someone likes you and then they go and delete you it can be quite hurtful!

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I lost a game of Wii tennis to the computer and my points score dropped.

You have friends - 1. Don't worry, i think you might be coming up to the Nightclub level where you can pick up +3 friends, there is a hidden friend in the toilets but you've got to sacrifice your virginity which is much more powerful on the marriage level.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even notice, I have no clue of my number of friends on there...

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how many friends I have on facebook, so I wouldn't notice if they did delete me, the majority of them are more than welcome to do so :P

ReputationRep:
    i really couldnt care less. if they are important people i have their mobile number.

OP its really not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    I'd be offended only because I restrict who I add to those who I actually know, or want to keep in touch with - so if someone deleted me, then yes, I might be offended. But I've deleted people myself, before - simply for the reason I've stated, that I try to keep my number on the low side...

ReputationRep:
    i know its not the end of the world- don't worry i don't cry myself to sleep at night over it or anything, i just wonder why people do it.

ReputationRep:
    Just because they delete you it doesn't mean they don't like you. Again this is where reality and the internet blur together for some people. Some people have trouble sorting out which is which.

ReputationRep:
    well i dont have facebook but i would find that annoying

ReputationRep:
    *ahem* get a life.
    i know that seems harsh, but 'cmon, it's only facebook...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    Just because they delete you it doesn't mean they don't like you. Again this is where reality and the internet blur together for some people. Some people have trouble sorting out which is which.
    but if you talk to someone nearly every day and they have been your friend on facebook for over a year, then out of the blue just decided to delete you but none of your friends, then surely you would wonder why.

ReputationRep:
    lol...do you guys check the number of friends you have each time you log on or does facebook tell you if someone has deleted you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentArrow)
    well i dont have facebook but i would find that annoying
    it is. and don't ever join facebook, its evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollystyrene07)
    but if you talk to someone nearly every day and they have been your friend on facebook for over a year, then out of the blue just decided to delete you but none of your friends, then surely you would wonder why.
    No because it's the internet, you don't seem to be getting my point.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.