Turn on thread page Beta

People deleting you on Facebook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollystyrene07)
    i still just don't understand why people go to the effort of deleting you for no valid reason, but hey that's just my opinion.
    Do you have any idea how irritating it is when your news feed is full ofpeople you dont care about or know that well, so you miss everything about your real friends? I dont care if person Y left a message on someone I don't know's wall, but I do care if my close friend wrote on my wall.

ReputationRep:
    get over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    Do you have any idea how irritating it is when your news feed is full ofpeople you dont care about or know that well, so you miss everything about your real friends? I dont care if person Y left a message on someone I don't know's wall, but I do care if my close friend wrote on my wall.
    hmm yeah i see what you mean, that can get annoying. but i think you can change your settings so that only the stories that you want appear on your news feed thing. but i haven't got round to doing it yet..

ReputationRep:
    I never delete anybody and I don't decline anybodys friend requests, I don't add anybody either though, actually my facebook is gathering cobwebs atm

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeah i see what you mean, that can get annoying. but i think you can change your settings so that only the stories that you want appear on your news feed thing. but i haven't got round to doing it yet..
    Yes, but that means if I block seeing when people comment on pictures, I block every time someone comments on pictures, even if they're photos of my nights out. Can't you see it's a lot easier just to delete someone I don't care about than go to the hassle of setting up blocks and privacy settings?

ReputationRep:
    Some people just want to use Facebook for their close friends, and they don't need to know pointless information about people they aren't that close with. It's not a personal affront, they're not saying "I don't like you, leave me alone", they're just doing what they want with their own Facebook profile.

ReputationRep:
    Keep ON topic please.

ReputationRep:
    lolz pwned
    never been deleted i dont think :p:

ReputationRep:
    I dont really notice to be honest so Im not sure anyone has ever deleted me... but facebook is a strange thing, Ive had about 40 people added me from school who I never even spoke to and a few where we had a mutual hatred for eachother. I accepted them all but its like why? Im never going to speak to them and I cant say Im interested in seeing how they're getting on... I know one or two people though who've deleted people who they dont know very well and keep sended them application invites, now that is annoying!
    Also, at the end of the day they're only deleting you from a friends list, they probably deleted other people as well so its not like they've sent you a massive banner written in excrement saying 'I hate you, you arent worthy of my friends list!!'

ReputationRep:
    I had 200 friends or something at one point, then I realised that Facebook has the potential to actually be useful rather than a spamfest, updating me on the lives of every single associate (and their stupid applications) rather than people I actually care about. Now I'm down to 50 friends.

ReputationRep:
    i know its not the end of the world- don't worry i don't cry myself to sleep at night over it or anything, i just wonder why people do it.
    I've deleted a few people.

Reason being that I update my status quite regularly and I find it weird to think that my new status pops up on people's facebook when they either don't know me at all or barely know me. Just as I find it weird and like I'm prying when unknown peoples status' (and photos etc) pop up on my facebook.

I've never deleted anyone I actually know. Someone has me before, but I think they're just a really private/paranoid person.

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to that person lately?

As soon as I move to my uni I'm pruning all the people I never have and never will speak to from secondary school and all the people I met on my course this year that I never liked in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook isn't really big here. Bebo is the main one. I just use Facebook for the whole uni thing. I hate getting friend requests just so some stranger has 8392093636 friends online.

Every now and again I go through my friends list and delete people who I don't know that well or who don't bother with me or ever talk to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Lol.
    Why is that all you put in every single one of her threads :confused: I've noticed this a lot.

OP Maybe they just dont talk to you often and see no need to have you as 'friend'?

(Original post by Yasmin2K8)
    Why is that all you put in every single one of her threads :confused: I've noticed this a lot.

OP Maybe they just dont talk to you often and see no need to have you as 'friend'?
    Automated response. :woo:

I have been through facebook a couple of times and deleted people who I realised I didn't see the point in having on my list.

ReputationRep:
    I've only been deleted on facebook once, that was by my ex when I updated my status to "In A Relationship with -My New Guys Name-"
    He added me again a couple weeks later, and I declined lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I had a massive cull of my Facebook friends after exams - I got rid of people I no longer speak to (through falling outs, drifting apart, whatever), people I've only ever met once or twice, people I've only ever spoken to once or twice, people I didn't know and people I could walk past in the corridor without saying at least 'Hello' to. Quite a few of these people have tried to readd me for some reason My policy is now if I see them on a regular basis and can have a good conversation with them, I'll add them. If not, BYE!

The only time I got upset when someone removed me from their friends list was when a hot guy did it I couldn't see his photos anymore.
    I, in theory, would have the same "policy". However, I'm often too lazy to do the dishes after eating waiting for them to pile up, so instead of cleaning up facebook I always figure I should spend the time cleaning the plates, which is more useful

I've probably about 30 people (out of 400ish) that I wouldn't recognize and/or say hi to if I met them on the street.

ReputationRep:
    On myspace I often sweep through and delete people who I don't communicate with. Facebook's mainly people I know though so I don't tend to delete people from that, just incase I bump into them a few days later - sod's law.

ReputationRep:
    Well, generally I only accept friend requests from people who actually are good friends but back when I first got it, for some reason I accepted this guy who's a complete ******* and I basically can't stand. I decided to delete him the other day, along with another total **** on myspace. I somehow don't think it'll exactly break either of their hearts...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.