The Student Room Group

My life is surrounded by cynical thoughts.

Did it always used to be this negative? Seriously though, I'm a 16 year old teenager and I just can't believe how negative and unproductive our society is. My daily environment is surrounded by negativey. Ok, I love life because all the people I meet, 99% of them are brilliant and many have a good laugh with me.

I'll take two examples - Bolton, it's in the media at the moment. Not for the right reasons either. One of the places I used to play out as a child was an area of a stabbing, crazy. Another right in the town centre which I pass everytime I'm there, one man dead. It's pretty bad the situation at the moment and you know what, it's down to the police. This brings me onto my second point, fast-track management running this police service with thousands of targets to meet. I've just done a work experience placement with my police force with the dog unit and they're bloody fantastic. I was chatting to two bobbies who train the dogs and they're cutting down on the dogs because the management doesn't see they are as valuable. Half of these managers have never been out on patrol. These two police officers think that modern-day policing is not right. We have PCSO's which shouldn't exist - it should be the job of the police to mix in with the community and make relations. The police's job shouldn't just be giving out fixed penalty notices for a broken light where a simple polite chat with the person in question would build a positive relation with the person and they'd respect you abit more. But they're too busy meeting targets. You know - the management of finances for each police force get bonus's for finding ways to save money. It's silly really.

All that negatively had been fed to me through people chatting to me and I can see why. NHS privatisation. Police failing. Global Warming Taxs. The Economy.

Sorry for the rant, back to the question - has it always been so negative? Don't get me wrong there is so much positive stuff I love about life.

Latest

Trending

Trending