Insurance renewal Watch

Murrayk978
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I had black box insurance and when it came to my renewal I was told that they would not be able to offer me a renewal due to things on my black box. I have been told that this is not a refusal as it could be down to criteria. Could anyone help me understand this please
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Murrayk978)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I had black box insurance and when it came to my renewal I was told that they would not be able to offer me a renewal due to things on my black box. I have been told that this is not a refusal as it could be down to criteria. Could anyone help me understand this please
You've been driving like an idiot and they've deemed you a risk, so they no longer want to insure you.
Murrayk978
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
You've been driving like an idiot and they've deemed you a risk, so they no longer want to insure you.
Ok I understand that but it was down to driving at peak times and because I had to buy more miles, I received my years no claims for them. Does this now come as a refusal ?
Last edited by Murrayk978; 1 month ago
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Murrayk978)
Ok I understand that but it was down to driving at peak times and because I had to buy more miles, I received my years no claims for them. Does this now come as a refusal ?
Seems to be on the grey line. I'd assume no but can't be sure. Speak to your insurance company and see what they say.
Murrayk978
Rep:
?
(Original post by xDron3)
Seems to be on the grey line. I'd assume no but can't be sure. Speak to your insurance company and see what they say.
Thanks, I’ve spoke to the insurance and they said it’s not a refusal it’s just they can’t offer a competitive quote
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's fair enough. Get your insurance elsewhere.

And well done for driving without having an accident for the last year.

You should be able to better estimate your mileage for the next year.

Get quotes for without the black box as well as with one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (90)
49.72%
No (91)
50.28%

Watched Threads