The Student Room Group

Nish Kumar

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by viffer
Kumar should be sued under the Trades Description Act. Comedian? I don't think so. One trick pony. Ok, two tricks.

(a) The colour of his skin.
(b) Brexit.

Jokes relating to either/both can be funny but when he refers to them it is normally little more than a reference.

(a) I'm brown
(b) I don't like Brexit

He is about as funny as dysentry.

Okay so you don't like Kumar, good for you. Why so much whining about it though?
It seems somewhat odd to me that the people who usually complain about him are the same ones going on about 'dem libtards getin triggered' yet the majority of right wing comments on here are just people getting hilariously, well, triggered.
Don't particular find Kumar very funny, or indeed most political comedians (with one or two exceptions) - I tend to find them very banal. But he was on the programme - everyone who bought a ticket should've known what to expect.
Reply 42
Original post by Napp
Okay so you don't like Kumar, good for you. Why so much whining about it though?
It seems somewhat odd to me that the people who usually complain about him are the same ones going on about 'dem libtards getin triggered' yet the majority of right wing comments on here are just people getting hilariously, well, triggered.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the words whining and triggered. Or at least direct them to someone who is

I simply made an observation about his 'talent'. It must have touched a nerve.
Reply 43
Original post by viffer
I think you need to look up the meaning of the words whining and triggered. Or at least direct them to someone who is

I simply made an observation about his 'talent'. It must have touched a nerve.

I don't, if you're mistaking the meaning of them though i would be happy to educate you as to exactly why you are coming off as both whiney and triggered - with the latter being rather self evident.

If you say so, i just find it amusing how upset your sort get over a comedian :lol:
Reply 44
Original post by Napp
If you say so, i just find it amusing how upset your sort get over a comedian :lol:

It's not upset, it's contempt at least as strong as the one he and his type display for everyone else. It's clear in the video that they only want him to drop the politics, it can be heard and it's followed by a round of applause in agreement. I liked the bloke who immediately stood up and offered to donate twice as much for a right-winger comedian when Kumar suggests they get someone funny in next time. He even had a pop at the MC, he was the one upset alright. Nobody in that room was more upset than this (self-proclaimed) leftist twat who doesn't know his place.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Napp
I trust the irony of this comment is not lost on you given your comment on the election? The MPs whom by definition are 'the elite' and most certainly exist in a metropolitan bubble.

Although your description of the working class as acting like animals who piss on people rather speaks to your opinion on them i guess...

I love the working class, and if some of them pissed on Nish Kumar my estimation of them would go up even more.

Let's give the Remainer tosser real feedback. None of your namby pamby, middle class bread rolls!
Original post by generallee
Nish Kumar is representative of a small, elitist, metropolitan bubble.

"elite" "metropolitan"

Why don't you just say he's Asian and you're not keen?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
"elite" "metropolitan"

Because the fact he is Asian is irrelevant to me!

He is an unfunny Remainer blowhard, given a platform to (not very many I'd guess) fellow believers by the ludicrous BBC. (Hopefully soon to be put in its box by Boris).

Stand ups are supposed to be able to deal with hecklers, to joke their way out of it. Instead he accused his audience of having ancestors who had colonised his.

Not surprising he got booed off the stage with laugh a minute lines like that, is it?

(By the way I'm loving drinking in Remainer, Labour tears, although they are a bit salty.

How are you feeling, hon? Still in denial, or do you at last accept you have lost?)
Reply 48
Original post by Napp
I don't, if you're mistaking the meaning of them though i would be happy to educate you as to exactly why you are coming off as both whiney and triggered - with the latter being rather self evident.

You also need to gen up on the meaning of upset.
Reply 49
Original post by viffer
You also need to gen up on the meaning of upset.

If the best you can do is question my understanding of basic English... well. :lol:
Reply 50
Original post by generallee
I love the working class, and if some of them pissed on Nish Kumar my estimation of them would go up even more.

Let's give the Remainer tosser real feedback. None of your namby pamby, middle class bread rolls!

So you're advocating assaulting the man because you don't like him? Arent you a real charmer. Wasnt it you who was whinging about those antifa lot being violent ?
My bread rolls? Eh?
I didn't watch the C4 election night show, because frankly I have a life. But apparently as soon as the Exit Poll was revealed it was like a morgue, and all the laughter stopped.

Later as the true enormity of the horror that had transpired Nish Kumar stood up and declared:

"The country has fundamentally let me down!"

That makes me roar with laughter. The only time in his life he has ever been funny.

And the people he crudely insults were laughing at him, not with him. Didn't see THAT coming...
Reply 52
Original post by Napp
If the best you can do is question my understanding of basic English... well. :lol:

Improving your understanding of words might stop you making a fool of yourself. You're welcome.
Reply 53
Don't really find him funny to be honest, but I think some of the previous comments about him miss the point of his act. A lot of british comedy is about making fun of others. If you think Nish is a one trick pony, you probably won't like Paul Chowdhry either, so fair warning there!

Overall I think Romesh is the best south asian comedian in the UK because he seems a little more adaptable than the other two I mentioned.
Reply 54
Original post by viffer
Improving your understanding of words might stop you making a fool of yourself. You're welcome.

0/10, bad troll.
Reply 55
Original post by Napp
0/10, bad troll.

You can have the last word if it makes you feel any better. You know you want to.

FWIW, several people have made general comments about Kumar and it is YOU that is picking on their comments. So if there is any trolling taking place you need to look a little closer to home sunshine.
(edited 4 years ago)
I see that Kumar has been announced as a host of the News Quiz (no idea either).

So the BBC, about to face an existential attack from Boris, and hated too, by Labour, doubles down on its woke liberal propaganda. Appointing an utterly unfunny Remain presenter to a show no-one listens to, because they think it is edgy and on trend. Talk about a disconnect with its audience!

They don't know what is coming. I can't wait till non payment of the licence fee gets decriminalised. I won't pay it any more. Why should I, to support woke boll ocks like Kumar on this News Quiz???
Reply 57
Original post by viffer
You can have the last word if it makes you feel any better. You know you want to.

FWIW, several people have made general comments about Kumar and it is YOU that is picking on their comments. So if there is any trolling taking place you need to look a little closer to home sunshine.

I see i have touched a nerve, how cute.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
"elite" "metropolitan"

baited 10/10

What is with the gammons saying everything except a "WTO Brexit" is leftist - they need to look to true leftist standup perfomances for a bit of perspective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending