Chloesingo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, all was just wondering if anyone would be happy filling in my questionaire for my dissertation which is focusing on emotional difficuties experienced by those with dyslexia, this involves answering 35 questions which takes no longer then 10 minutes.
As long as you are 18 you can take part
Participants can be individuals with and without dyslexia but i am mainly trying to find people with dyslexia,
please message if you have any queries, link below!!

https://ljmupsych.qualtrics.com/jfe/...K7jOlcfOLzyj5j
hippieglitter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've done it, but i have few issues with it. A lot of the question were about feeling and mood and although i answered honestly i personally do not believe that my feelings and particularly my anxiety and depression are in any way linked to my dyslexia. It may be an idea to rephrase your questions of add a few questions that ask 'do you you feel this way because of your dyslexia?' or 'do you believe your dyslexia has any bearing on why you feel this way?'
With the exception of asking if have dyslexia there were no questions about how my dyslexia effects me. I believe if you were looking at my results purely on the level of I have dyslexia and anxiety and depression you may get a false reading due to assuming that i feel anxiety and depression because of my dyslexia which is what your study seems to be trying to prove.
Chloesingo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
I've done it, but i have few issues with it. A lot of the question were about feeling and mood and although i answered honestly i personally do not believe that my feelings and particularly my anxiety and depression are in any way linked to my dyslexia. It may be an idea to rephrase your questions of add a few questions that ask 'do you you feel this way because of your dyslexia?' or 'do you believe your dyslexia has any bearing on why you feel this way?'
With the exception of asking if have dyslexia there were no questions about how my dyslexia effects me. I believe if you were looking at my results purely on the level of I have dyslexia and anxiety and depression you may get a false reading due to assuming that i feel anxiety and depression because of my dyslexia which is what your study seems to be trying to prove.
thank you very much, i appreciate your opinion, i agree, this could be something i will be commenting on in my discussion, however it is very difficult for me due to giving the questionnaires to both people with and without dyslexia therefore i needed constructs that can be measured in both groups, the reason for these constructs is alot of previous research has shown a link between dyslexia and these emotional constructs. I agree it is very personal as i have dyslexia myself and alot of my anxiety originates from feelings surrounding my dyslexia, it is the argument of causality which i will be commenting on, thank you so much for your constructive feedback though, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise