asavage93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
HI,

Has anyone done the Maths GCSE equivalency test? What is the paper like?

If anyone has done the St Mary's University GCSE equivalent test would be great to hear from you
wild_card_2005
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by asavage93)
HI,

If anyone has done the St Mary's University GCSE equivalent test would be great to hear from you
Hi! This is the same as gcse and it might be easier. I think if U can get prepared to gcse maths test there wont be any problem with an equivalent test. Type in the internet u will find past papers
xxjadegxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
HI,

Hi did you sit the test? I have been looking into it but I can’t find much information. Brighton uni Will accept it but on the website it says the questions are taken from the GCSE AQAhigher paper and I am currently working at foundation level
asavage93
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xxjadegxx)
Hi did you sit the test? I have been looking into it but I can’t find much information. Brighton uni Will accept it but on the website it says the questions are taken from the GCSE AQAhigher paper and I am currently working at foundation level
Yes I sat my test at St Mary's and passed that the other week. There's equivalency test papers online via Make maths easy and equivalencytesting.com. it's best to do the past GCSE papers as I had questions I remember doing in my test.Are you going to do your test through Brighton uni themselves or another provider? Hope it goes well
xxjadegxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes I sat my test at St Mary's and passed that the other week. There's equivalency test papers online via Make maths easy and equivalencytesting.com. it's best to do the past GCSE papers as I had questions I remember doing in my test.Are you going to do your test through Brighton uni themselves or another provider? Hope it goes well
Thank you for replying, I am not sure if there both the same level because on brighton website it says the questions are taken from higher aqa paper (and there isn’t any past papers I can find for brighton uni) but with equivalency testing they give you th option to do foundation or higher xx
asavage93
Rep:
?
Thank you for replying, I am not sure if there both the same level because on brighton website it says the questions are taken from higher aqa paper (and there isn’t any past papers I can find for brighton uni) but with equivalency testing they give you th option to do foundation or higher xx
Have you checked which with Brighton if they accept other providers? I was just told to look over past GCSE papers from exam boards. St Mary's don't give out past equivalency papers as the questions are from GCSE ones anyway.

If you do the Brighton equivalency test then best to study higher AQA papers
jw0121
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,Well done for passing the test ! Did you receive a certificate for passing or was it just a letter with the result ? I only ask as I have to compile qualification certificates a bit differently for evidence.Thank you
asavage93
Rep:
?
(Original post by jw0121)
Hi,Well done for passing the test ! Did you receive a certificate for passing or was it just a letter with the result ? I only ask as I have to compile qualification certificates a bit differently for evidence.Thank you
Hi,

Thank you!
I just received an email stating I passed. Have you done your test?
xxjadegxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Thank you!
I just received an email stating I passed. Have you done your test?
Amazing well done! How did you find it?? Was it easier than GCSE Maths?
asavage93
Rep:
?
Amazing well done! How did you find it?? Was it easier than GCSE Maths?
Hi

Thank you!

The questions were from GCSE past papers so a similar standard. It was out of 70 marks with a 50% pass rate. some questions were straight forward and some a little bit more thinking.
xxjadegxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi

Thank you!

The questions were from GCSE past papers so a similar standard. It was out of 70 marks with a 50% pass rate. some questions were straight forward and some a little bit more thinking.
Thank you I can’t decide if I should go for it or if I should just hope and pray I can pass the Maths exam
asavage93
Rep:
?
Thank you I can’t decide if I should go for it or if I should just hope and pray I can pass the Maths exam
some people do both as a back up just in case
xxjadegxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
some people do both as a back up just in case
This is what I want to do but then I’m thinking if I can’t pass the gcse Maths then I’m not going to pass the equivalency either because the questions are taken from the higher AQA paper and I’m sitting foundation
asavage93
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is what I want to do but then I’m thinking if I can’t pass the gcse Maths then I’m not going to pass the equivalency either because the questions are taken from the higher AQA paper and I’m sitting foundation
Have you booked your equivalency? keep practising the GCSE papers as when it comes to the test you may remember how to do them
xxjadegxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you booked your equivalency? keep practising the GCSE papers as when it comes to the test you may remember how to do them
No I haven’t booked it I don’t think I am going to pass it on my last mock I’m got 33 out of 80 marks 😔 I have another mock next week so hoping I see an improvement in my grades
1234321wats
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just waiting to hear back with my result !!!So just an email with no grading or a reference number ?Thanks for your help on this !!
xxjadegxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1234321wats)
Just waiting to hear back with my result !!!So just an email with no grading or a reference number ?Thanks for your help on this !!
Good luck
xxdinosaur12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you checked which with Brighton if they accept other providers? I was just told to look over past GCSE papers from exam boards. St Mary's don't give out past equivalency papers as the questions are from GCSE ones anyway.If you do the Brighton equivalency test then best to study higher AQA papers
hi, was the paper based on foundation or higher?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads