Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeee :))
    Of course it is.

I'm sorry you had to go throught that :hugs:
    Do you have people close to you that you can talk to about it all?

Yes, I had someone.

She was my form tutor! but since i have finished exams i dont see her anymore so am on my own. Friends try and help but they are as lost as i am really! and my family are useless mostly.x

thank you everyone

ReputationRep:
    2 years isn't really that long in grief terms especially as you were so close and were there at the end. Loss is constant, it saps your spirit and makes you angry with the world and feeling alone. It will get easier

all the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourwhite)
    Is it right after all this time that i still struggle with her death?
    Of course, 2 of my friends died in a car accident almost 2 years ago, and I will never fully get over it.
    It may be because I had intended to get into the car with them, thus preventing them from fitting in, but I hve got past feeling responsible for what happened. I just know that the knowledge that I will never see them again, and that I didn't spend wnough time with them whilst I could will always trouble me.

ReputationRep:
    my fiend died a couple of years ago too.

im not oer it and i dont think i ever really will be.

but i am learning to live with it now although there are still sometimes where you do just need a good cry over it too.

ReputationRep:
    Death is terrible and sometimes the pain that young people go through is overlooked.

Some never get over it but just learn to live with it. When i lost my grandparents it hit me hard....i just wanted someone to tell me it would be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourwhite)
    It is 2 years next sunday since my best friend died. I was very close to her, and i was there when she died because she wanted me to be. Mine and her families wer all very close and it was a massive shock when she died. She had cancer and had been suffering for a year, i had been there everyday and whenever i wasnt around she would ask for me. I didnt deal with her death very well, i was diagnosed with severe depression and suffered for a long time.

I just wonder when people think you should learn to live with this?

Is it right after all this time that i still struggle with her death?

My nan (dads side) passed in march, and one of the first things i said to my mum was "dont cry because its over, smile because it happened" then we starting laughing and chatting about how eccentric my nan was. I think this is one of the first things you could do, but instead of thinking "but now shes dead..." at the end, you should focus on this one point thatl stay with you forever. It may sound hard but it works for us, we are moving on well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.