The Student Room Group

Durham vs Cambridge for engineering

Hello,

I have applied for Cambridge and Durham. Unfortunately, I have been noticed of my rejection for Cambridge a few weeks ago (without interview). I am now hesitating between going at Durham (if I am made an offer) or getting better prepared and try again Cambridge next year.

To me, Cambridge and Durham are very similar for engineering, the program is made the same way (2 years of studying various engineering disciplines, then 2 years of specialization), they are both collegial.

I don't really see what actually differentiates Cambridge and Durham. Because they do are different: on QS engineering ranking, while Cambridge is 4th, Durham is 240th!

So, please, could you tell me the differences between Durham and Cambridge?
Original post by floflim
Hello,

I have applied for Cambridge and Durham. Unfortunately, I have been noticed of my rejection for Cambridge a few weeks ago (without interview). I am now hesitating between going at Durham (if I am made an offer) or getting better prepared and try again Cambridge next year.

To me, Cambridge and Durham are very similar for engineering, the program is made the same way (2 years of studying various engineering disciplines, then 2 years of specialization), they are both collegial.

I don't really see what actually differentiates Cambridge and Durham. Because they do are different: on QS engineering ranking, while Cambridge is 4th, Durham is 240th!

So, please, could you tell me the differences between Durham and Cambridge?

Durham is a decent uni. I personally dont think it is worth the time and effort to re-apply to Cambridge.

My suggestion is for you to go to Durham and then do a postgrad in Cambridge if you wish.

All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest