The Student Room Group

I want 10 children

Anyone else secretly crave a stupid amount of children? Like 6+? Or am I just mad haha

Scroll to see replies

My friend wants to have at least 8 children and would love to be able to afford 20 like the Radford family.
She is an only child, very religious and loves looking after young children.
I only intend to have one child.
3 is the minimum and 4 is the maximum
Nah I don't want any
Original post by Anonymous
3 is the minimum and 4 is the maximum

For myself i mean
Reply 5
Anyone else secretly crave a stupid amount of children? Like 6+? Or am I just mad haha

If feel like saying "I want 10 children" is more something that a male would say, as lets face it the process doesn't exactly take a toll on our bodies...

Original post by londonmyst
My friend wants to have at least 8 children and would love to be able to afford 20 like the Radford family.
She is an only child, very religious and loves looking after young children.
I only intend to have one child.

Has she had one yet?
Obviously I can never give birth [as i'm a male] but having seen video's of births and what women say about it, I couldn't fathom having 8 children....,
the pain especially looks quite off-putting.
Original post by ANM775
Has she had one yet?
Obviously I can never give birth [as i'm a male] but having seen video's of births and what women say about it, I couldn't fathom having 8 children....,
the pain especially looks quite off-putting.

No.
She's an unmarried fundamentalist christian, used to a lot of pain and loves watching the Radford family youtube channel.
I have always liked the idea of a big family but then it looks too much like hard work. Also if you really want a lot of children you need to start early an have good few years between each, my aunty has four and at one point they were all below school age. The only reason people had big families in the old days was not only a lack of contraception but because a majority of women would be having their first child by the age 14 so had over 30 years of child-bearing ability and even though infant mortality was much higher the mother was usually expecting the next already. We have control now, we don't need to have so many children.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
No.
She's an unmarried fundamentalist christian, used to a lot of pain and loves watching the Radford family youtube channel.

Well so long as it's her decision I guess..

If I was a woman and a bloke told me he wanted 8 I'd tell him to **** right off... lmao
Original post by ANM775
If I was a woman and a bloke told me he wanted 8 I'd tell him to **** right off... lmao

I've met guys that tell women this, usually the religious or family values types.
As soon as I hear it, my voice tends to fail and I can't say anything.
Too busy running in the opposite direction. :biggrin:
no .. i dont want to drive a minivan
Reply 11
Original post by antibody123
no .. i dont want to drive a minivan

Over 3 children and you can no longer fit the family in a standard car...
In a perfect world If I were to have children I would want 2, a boy and a girl ah!!!!
Original post by ANM775
Over 3 children and you can no longer fit the family in a standard car...

yep and even with 3 kids it'll be a squeeze for the one that always has to sit in the middle :lol:
i just want 2 kids

Your poor foo foo..

I don't know if i wan't any, i have 11 nieces and nephews and that is enough.
I’m thinking 2 maximum, paying private school fees for one will be expensive enough

Well not crave but I would like 3-5 although 7 doesn't look too bad lol.

This is good :biggrin:

:borat:
I intend to produce a dynasty of three however that is only the minimum (and assumes that they are not 3 boys or 3 girls) so if i were to divorce and remarry i could imagine cooking another bun in the new oven.
Original post by Rakas21
I intend to produce a dynasty of three however that is only the minimum (and assumes that they are not 3 boys or 3 girls) so if i were to divorce and remarry i could imagine cooking another bun in the new oven.

How many is a good number for you? 5 or 6?

Quick Reply