How does a dim person pass A-Level English Language without crying? Watch

Cyeol61
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yeah, that's right- I need help. SOS. In year 13. In a dark hole. In a dark place. I need help with historical and individual variation tips/ general exam help!
martidstelling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sure you're not a dim person! I'm studying A Level Language too and I'm in Y13 any way I can help?
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're with AQA, PM me. I might have some advice. I am predicted an A*, got an A in my end-of-lower-sixth mocks and have performed well in recent assessments.
martidstelling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
If you're with AQA, PM me. I might have some advice. I am predicted an A*, got an A in my end-of-lower-sixth mocks and have performed well in recent assessments.
You're predicted an A*? Maybe you can help me too haha !
Cyeol61
Rep:
?
(Original post by martidstelling)
You're predicted an A*? Maybe you can help me too haha !
Oo group help yay haha! Our board is Edexcel, but still I’d really appreciate anything! Any tips on CLA or Language Variation would be good, just maybe small things like how to remember theorists or any notes that have helped you so far 😄
English2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cyeol61)
Our board is Edexcel, but still I’d really appreciate anything! Any tips on CLA or language variation would be good, just maybe small things like how to remember theorists or any notes that have helped you so far 😄
Hi, for CLA make sure you know the theories like the back of your hand, but equally do not just dump in every single theory. Analyse the theory, criticise it, test it against other theories and most importantly link it to the question/extract.
Unfortunately the only way to learn theories is to consistently read them, make flash cards and mind maps. Once you’ve learnt them I’d recommend that you do as many practice essays as possible
Last edited by English2001; 1 month ago
Cyeol61
Rep:
?
(Original post by English2001)
Hi, for CLA make sure you know the theories like the back of your hand, but equally do not just dump in every single theory. Analyse the theory, criticise it, test it against other theories and most importantly link it to the question/extract.
Unfortunately the only way to learn theories is to consistently read them, make flash cards and mind maps. Once you’ve learnt them I’d recommend that you do as many practice essays as possible
Great, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (42)
27.63%
1 (24)
15.79%
2 (26)
17.11%
3 (20)
13.16%
4 (9)
5.92%
5 (14)
9.21%
6 (2)
1.32%
7+ (15)
9.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise