The Student Room Group

english literature

im trying to aim for a 7-8-9 in english lit and i have my macbeth and poetry exam tomorrow. my exam board is eduqas, does anyone know good tips and revision because my literature is weaker than language
Original post by raniaaaaa
im trying to aim for a 7-8-9 in english lit and i have my macbeth and poetry exam tomorrow. my exam board is eduqas, does anyone know good tips and revision because my literature is weaker than language

Have you done any past papers yet? Do you know what the paper is going to look like tomorrow?
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
Have you done any past papers yet? Do you know what the paper is going to look like tomorrow?

yes i have done them before. the macbeth question is one 15 and one 25, same with poetry and for the 15 marker you get given an extract and 25 marker you have to compare with another one ( FOR POETRY) AND macbeth its either on a character or a theme. but i dont know how to revise this and how to get top band marks
practice writing essays and include multiple interpretations where possible. quality > quantity.
(edited 4 years ago)
One of the best things is to include historical context, every time you make a point you could add a reason why this happened due to the time in history etc (this works better for macbeth) or even information about the writer/poet that would make them write that way
good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by mushroom21
One of the best things is to include historical context, every time you make a point you could add a reason why this happened due to the time in history etc (this works better for macbeth) or even information about the writer/poet that would make them write that way
good luck!

for my exam board you dont need context but thanks anyway i did my exam my macbeth went well but i didnt have time to finish poetry

Quick Reply