I have no idea what career I want? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have had 8 completely different jobs and I didn't really enjoy any but to me a job is a job, I do want to have a big house, nice car, be able to afford many holidays a year etc when I'm older, I'm quite good at saving money to be honest but I would much rather be earning twice what I earn now, when I was younger I never really thought "I want to be this when I grow up", I was going to go to University to do law but I find it's too boring so it would be a waste and not to mention how competitive jobs are after graduating, as long as my job brings money in then that's all I really care about but I know if I have a crappy job forever it may affect future relationships if I were to meet someone who earns a lot etc, how do you figure out what job you want?
TG67
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You sound very much like me.
I found out that I would never be happy in any job. So I'm desperately trying to make a successful business happen and become wealthy and just live the life I want and spend some spare time helping vunrable people that really need help.

That's life in my eyes.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Consider the following.
Think about your favourite subjects at school and your hobbies. What are your qualifications and could/would you do further study to get the job you want? Do you have experience that shows your personal attributes? Do you want to work with adults, children or animals? Be management, part of a team or work on your own? Are you good with your hands, can you design, do research or analysis? Why did you apply for the jobs you had and why did you leave? Is there a career in your friends or family that sounds of interest?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (74)
14.86%
1 (68)
13.65%
2 (65)
13.05%
20.68%
20.08%
5 (88)
17.67%

Watched Threads

Latest