The Student Room Group

What are your wrapping skills like?

Scroll to see replies

Awful. I often pay for giftwrapping just so it looks presentable.
Reply 21
i can string a few bars together with a simple rhyme scheme?
So horrifying that two 6 and 4 year old siblings offer to gift wrap for me. :biggrin:
got my flatmate something in amazon gift wrap and they thought i did it myself (didn't question) so probably quite good in their opinion.
Original post by sinfonietta

If you are so unhappy with wrapping gifts by yourself, let do this in the shop by the staff. They are very good that you will not regret your trust.
Original post by Chronoscope

I find it therapeutic
Original post by Kallisto
If you are so unhappy with wrapping gifts by yourself, let do this in the shop by the staff. They are very good that you will not regret your trust.

That's exactly what I just said I do!
Bad but I'm basically the only one in the house who does it so they have to put up with it lol
I mostly use tinfoil.
You don't need to faff with tape and you just crunch it round whatever needs wrapping. Also reusable for the Christmas lunch.
I haven't finished yet, but I've done the majority since I only buy for a couple friends and then my immediate family because im a broke student.

Planning on getting some done tomorrow or Friday actually and then the rest on Sunday with my mum as i need her help to get my dad and brother something because i hate buying for guys hahaha

For wrapping i ****ing love it i find it so therapeutic and relaxing its lovely. Always help my mum do it every year and help wrap everything except for my own gifts
That's exactly what I just said I do!

Uups, that is a little mistake then! I read that you pay your money for gift-wrap or gift-wrapping paper just to wrap it by yourself! I am a foreigner whose English is not at this high level to realize the fine detail, so don't be so nasty to me.
I haven't wrapped anything before. Actually I can't even remember the last time I gave someone a gift...
Original post by Kallisto
Uups, that is a little mistake then! I read that you pay your money for gift-wrap or gift-wrapping paper just to wrap it by yourself! I am a foreigner whose English is not at this high level to realize the fine detail, so don't be so nasty to me.

I wasn't nasty to you.
Not that good. I usually end up using way too much sellotape.
i give myself one of the 'you tried' stars

Sounds like a good plan :tongue:
Original post by londonmyst
So horrifying that two 6 and 4 year old siblings offer to gift wrap for me. :biggrin:

Have they ever complied with the offer? :smile: :lol:
I would be tempted...
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
I mostly use tinfoil.

But what if you were wrapping something...spikey? :smile:
Original post by Alesha1991
Not that good. I usually end up using way too much sellotape.

Same :redface: have tried to use less in the last couple of years although it never seems to go to plan
I just feel a guilty and a but more concientous that sellotape is bad for the environment
Original post by xozxexo
I haven't finished yet, but I've done the majority since I only buy for a couple friends and then my immediate family because im a broke student.

Planning on getting some done tomorrow or Friday actually and then the rest on Sunday with my mum as i need her help to get my dad and brother something because i hate buying for guys hahaha

For wrapping i ****ing love it i find it so therapeutic and relaxing its lovely. Always help my mum do it every year and help wrap everything except for my own gifts

You sound super organised for Christmas! :tongue: :penguinhug:
not even got all the gifts for other people let alone wrapped them yet :frown: :undefined:nah Will get there eventually though
I think wrapping presents is fun whilst listening to music as well :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
But what if you were wrapping something...spikey? :smile:

Gift bag.

Quick Reply

Latest