Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please don't post if you hate this band.

I had a search and everyone seems to dislike Scouting for Girls. Is their any fans out there? I'm going to the concert in November at Manchester Apollo I think they're good and some of their lyrics relate to me. Although they are repetive I just like how their music is made using a bass guitar, keyboard and drums. Quite basic setup. I like it.

Please post if you're with me?

She's So Lovely / Heartbeat / Elvis Ain't Dead / I'm not over you / It's not about you / James Bond / Glastonbury

ReputationRep:
    :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt)
    Please don't post if you hate this band.

I had a search and everyone seems to dislike Scouting for Girls. Is their any fans out there? I'm going to the concert in November at Manchester Apollo I think they're good and some of their lyrics relate to me. Although they are repetive I just like how their music is made using a bass guitar, keyboard and drums. Quite basic setup. I like it.

Please post if you're with me?

She's So Lovely / Heartbeat / Elvis Ain't Dead / I'm not over you / It's not about you / James Bond / Glastonbury
    Luv em

ReputationRep:
    Saw them live before Christmas - absolutely awesome, stunning performance, great with the crowd, got everyone really hyped.
    Album is very cool - v catchy! Can't really pick favourites...

ReputationRep:
    Saw them live in May. Amazing! Love Michaela Strachan! James Bond is my second favourite. And I'll be seeing them next Sunday at T4 on the beach! Party time

ReputationRep:
    i like them too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moody28028)
    Saw them live in May. Amazing! Love Michaela Strachan! James Bond is my second favourite. And I'll be seeing them next Sunday at T4 on the beach! Party time
    No, I Need A Holiday!!!

Or The Mountains...

I didn't even know who they were until they came to my Uni ball back in May. I actually like their music.

ReputationRep:
    There ok in a way i suppose. I like their first two songs but then the rest just all blurred into one that sounds exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    I do like their songs as they are incredibly catchy. However it feels a little like they're releasing the same thing over and over! I hope they don't release any more singles from their current album, as I fear I'm going to start to despise them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyrj)
    I do like their songs as they are incredibly catchy. However it feels a little like they're releasing the same thing over and over! I hope they don't release any more singles from their current album, as I fear I'm going to start to despise them.
    I guess you're not too fond of Katie Melua then? :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    :yucky:
    can you not read?

ReputationRep:
    Scouting for Girls are the typical rubbish that is mass produced for fun thesedays.

Ten years from now it will be "whoing for what now?"

I don't hate them, why should I waste my time being that passionate? They clearly didn't when writing their songs.

1) Pick film, TV Show, Book, Overused situation

2) Use the most obvious catchphrases or Cliches from 1)

3) If you run out of ideas just repeat the same words from the last worse ad infinitum.

"some of their lyrics relate to me". Are you one of those people that think Horoscopes are spooky?

ReputationRep:
    They're very listenable. Don't think they'll really get much bigger than they are now, as there's not really much substance to their songs.

Burst out laughing mind when the random ode to Michaela Strachan came on at the end of their album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyrj)
    I think they are going to release one more in 'Its not about you'. Its their best song and has quite a few plays in my itunes. Fun band with no substance to it really.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate them, but I went to see them a few months ago at Leicester Uni and i was disappointed. It felt like they just played one hour-long song because they are all so similar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tired yet?)
    can you not read?
    I couldn't help myself. But I kept my response to the bare minimum :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see them next week! Not because I'm a particular fan (present for my little sister ) but I don't hate them either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool's Number 9)
    Scouting for Girls are the typical rubbish that is mass produced for fun thesedays.

Ten years from now it will be "whoing for what now?"

I don't hate them, why should I waste my time being that passionate? They clearly didn't when writing their songs.

1) Pick film, TV Show, Book, Overused situation

2) Use the most obvious catchphrases or Cliches from 1)

3) If you run out of ideas just repeat the same words from the last worse ad infinitum.

"some of their lyrics relate to me". Are you one of those people that think Horoscopes are spooky?
    Sorry to intervene, I asked if you wern't a fan that you wouldn't post as their is plently of threads allowing you to post your negativity. And no I don't take one look at horoscopes. "I wish it was me you chose.." - Being too late in getting with someone.. "Sometimes its good, sometimes it bad but living with you its driving me mad.." relates to how my home life is. "I need a holiday" Nuff said. It's very cheesy light music and I think it's good, if you dont like it fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Music doesn't have to be fantastically well-written or experimental for you to like it. Personally, I love 'Heartbeat' - it's clichéd, I know, but that doesn't stop me from loving listening to it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.