?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone else just sat this?
vigsubbey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah just did it. Ran out of time massively on Q1 and some parts of Q2. It was a fair paper which annoys me even more but time management was poor. How did you feel like it went?
a^b
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by vigsubbey)
Yeah just did it. Ran out of time massively on Q1 and some parts of Q2. It was a fair paper which annoys me even more but time management was poor. How did you feel like it went?
Same here. I couldn't even complete question 3 properly. Really hoping a miracle happens.
Rawlc
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
I thought 2 and 3 were ok. Found 1 massively bazaar
vigsubbey
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Think loads of people went with hive down when it wasn't with Q1. Q2 was hella weird with the Corporation Tax. There was obviously a CFC but I didnt know what else to talk about.

Q3 was a weird one again with the residency. Feel like I lost a lot on the core marks such as SDLT and CGT stuff. Oh well, gonna have to resit again soon. FM and BS tomorrow !
a^b
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Think loads of people went with hive down when it wasn't with Q1. Q2 was hella weird with the Corporation Tax. There was obviously a CFC but I didnt know what else to talk about.

Q3 was a weird one again with the residency. Feel like I lost a lot on the core marks such as SDLT and CGT stuff. Oh well, gonna have to resit again soon. FM and BS tomorrow !
Well all the best for BST! Just remember to answer all questions even if it is just short sentences. They mark based on impression.
a^b
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rawlc)
I thought 2 and 3 were ok. Found 1 massively bazaar
Q1 was something i have never seen before and that terrifies me.
vigsubbey
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by a^b)
Well all the best for BST! Just remember to answer all questions even if it is just short sentences. They mark based on impression.
Thanks pal.
Rawlc
Rep:
?
(Original post by a^b)
Q1 was something i have never seen before and that terrifies me.
Me to! I remember thinking that I'd not seen anything like it in the question bank or in the past papers
R123456tilly
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Was not impressed with this paper! Didn’t think it was a true reflection of the syllabus and information was just lumped together! I hope BS is an improvement tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
Accrualworld
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ran out of time spending 1 hr 20 mins on first question. Q3 Just dazzled me. Not looking forward to the resit 😖
Rawlc
Rep:
?
How did you treat the repurchase of shares?
Accrualworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Spoke about the capital treatment but felt like I completely went off on a tangent. You?
Rawlc
Rep:
?
It confused me because it said capital but then if you worked it out, it failed the tests for the capital so had to be income...?
nese
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did BPT and TC yesterday and think I failed both (again as this was my 2nd sitting). I literally just went completely blank in BPT and even though i identified some issues I didn't know what to write. Just a shambles really. Dreading results day (((
Accrualworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I thought it met all the tests for capital. Think I messed up there 🤧
Accrualworld
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Dw too much mate. Just keep your head up. Probably worth taking them one at a time if it doesn’t go to plan?
fishxyz123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I didn’t think the BPT exam was that bad tbh
Question one was about company purchase of own shares and income route applied.
What elements did people find difficult?
fishxyz123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Accrualworld)
I thought it met all the tests for capital. Think I messed up there 🤧
The company only had £6m to spend and his half of the shares were worth 15m therefore they could buy 40% of his half or 20% in total. The 20% gets cancelled. He’s left with 30 out of 80 shares which is 37.5% I.e more than 30% so capital route can’t apply
fishxyz123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

How would a hive down have applied? They only had enough cash to buy 20% of the total shares, right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (226)
67.66%
No (108)
32.34%

Watched Threads