The Student Room Group

BPT exam December 2019 (ACA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fishxyz123
I think the Jersey point wanted you to discuss if he stayed there for longer than 5 years he would not have to pay UK CGT at all.

Can’t really remember what else they asked in Q3?

Think they just wanted you to calculate the gains that would be liable to tax? My minds gone blank. Just praying I scrape a pass tbh
Original post by Accrualworld
Think they just wanted you to calculate the gains that would be liable to tax? My minds gone blank. Just praying I scrape a pass tbh

Well good luck mate. Result are released Jan 20th right?
Well good luck mate. Result are released Jan 20th right?

Thanks mate good luck to you too. I think 24th January?
Original post by Accrualworld
Thanks mate good luck to you too. I think 24th January?

Ah ok, gonna try and forget about it all until the 24th then :smile:
Reply 44
The company only had £6m to spend and his half of the shares were worth 15m therefore they could buy 40% of his half or 20% in total. The 20% gets cancelled. He’s left with 30 out of 80 shares which is 37.5% I.e more than 30% so capital route can’t apply

That's exactly how I calculated it
Reply 45
Did anyone talk about investors relief on question 3 regarding the sale of the new shares he acquired August 2016 and he was disposing of in 2019?
Original post by GLARTX
Did anyone talk about investors relief on question 3 regarding the sale of the new shares he acquired August 2016 and he was disposing of in 2019?

No I totally forgot about investors relief :/
How did everyone do?
Reply 48
How did everyone do?

Managed to pass. So grateful that I'm saying goodbye to BPT! How did you do?
Original post by a^b
Managed to pass. So grateful that I'm saying goodbye to BPT! How did you do?

Yeah I passed comfortably in the end. I have more confidence going into FAR and AA now
Reply 50
Yeah I passed comfortably in the end. I have more confidence going into FAR and AA now

All the best! FAR and AA should be okay
Reply 51
Passed with 76%
How did everyone do?

Glad to say I passed. Wasn’t my highest mark as expected but wasn’t my lowest too! Got a few months break before the advanced level papers 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending