Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my ex (A) were together for 3 months and in this time i really got attatched to him and allowed myself to fall for him, becuase i believed he was a genuine guy.
    Anyway, A was still friends with his ex of 2 and a half years and they are going on holiday together with his family in a week for 2 weeks. But i recently found out hes blown me off on several occasions to be with her and has stayed at hers a few nights aswell. But we just confronted it and moved on. For about a week after he was really distant and didnt act like he wanted to speak 2 me, never mind see me!
    A came round on Friday night and told me he didnt want to be with me anymore. Everyone i have spoken to thinks that he wont commit becuase i know he got hurt in his long relationship.
    Anyway, I met another guy (J) last night who has been texting me all day today and asked me 2 meet up with him again next weekend, to go out just the two of us, and i said yes.
    But now im worrying incase A decides he wants me back becuase hel have alot of time to think and be away on holiday and hel either realise he wants me or her. I dont want to start things up with J and then get told by A he wants me back. Becuase i know that i will get back with A and its not fair stringing J along.

:s

ReputationRep:
    I think you should bear in mind that he has deliberately avoided you to go out with his ex, and then told you he wanted your relationship to end. I think you should just get on with life, and not dwell on the situation. Even if he does want you back, why would you take him back? I understand that you became attached to him, but he doesn't seem very trustworthy to me, who knows what they could be doing on their holiday? Of course I am not going to tell you this is right and this is wrong, but personally I believe you should give J a chance and forget about A. If you take him back I think you are being a bit lenient, and he may think that he can get away with it in the future. Anyway, I'm just giving my point of view. I hope things work out for you whatever you decide to do =).

ReputationRep:
    Go for J.
    A isnt worth your time or effort.

ReputationRep:
    make sure A doesnt know about J, jealousy can do strange things to guys.
    let him be, J will probably take your mind away from A and all will be sorted, no more wanting A. hopefully that will happen. you could always be so into A that J, B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z wont be able to take your mind off him, but tbh, i think J will be good for you.
    try to focus more on J and i know its hard, take your mind off A. good luck

ReputationRep:
    A said that he doesn't want to be with you anymore. I doubt he'll change his mind. Give J a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, why does this happen to so many people?! When someones backing off it makes you want them more!
    You dont have to be with either of them, meet him and see if you have fun, if not then just tell him you arent ready for anything serious. It could do alot more harm if you're still hung up on your ex and start going out with someone new, its not fair on them.
    Also, yea he could change his mind, people do sometimes... but why do you want to be with someone who clearly doesnt have much respect for your feelings? When a relationship turns into one person doing all the chasing its hard to balance things out again. Oh, and if you were having problems so soon into the relationship then that doesnt really bode well for the future!.... and another thing, he's going on holiday with his ex?! I wouldnt have any of that if my boyfriend told me he was going on holiday with one of his exes. It seems like he's finished it now so he can do what he likes on holiday, which is fair enough really. You should just respect his decision, it would look pathetic if you hung round just in case he changes his mind and no one should have to do that!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.