Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok.
    No point being anonymous because... who cares

So my ex boyfriend finished with me about 4 weeks ago.
    We had been together nearly 2 years, and he did it on msn, totally unexpected and out of the blue, saying i was "too much hardwork" (bearing in mind im totally easy going, outgoing, happy, smiley ect)
    Then less than a week later he was seeing this girl he had known a week and a few days later they were going out.

A week later he text me saying he missed me and stuff like that (he was "going out" with her at this point). This proceeded to a 4 hour msn conversation, culminating in basically 'cyber sex' ect, really graphic, saying he wished he could drive to be with me so he could "******* me good".

He had a girlfriend, and a few days later was totally nasty saying he hated me, couldnt stand the sight of me ect, wanted space didnt want anything to do with me blah blah. I threatened to send her the conversation we had and he started to be lovely, saying he didnt mean it and would i delete it but i could never break them up becuse "Thier relationship was built upon trust"... (quite ironic eh). And also if i sent it to her, they would break up but he would be with someone else right after just to "get back at me". (also he is with her to spite me, because i told him that she was a slut and he wanted to prove me wrong, even though she has already cheated on him at a party but he doesnt believe everyone who saw her because "everyone is out to get him")

Anyway.
    i didnt delete it and i still have it.
    Should i send her it, after he has made me depressed (i am now on medication for it) and always rubs it in my face that he is so happy and i am so not happy, and whenever i want to talk to him about me he point blank refuses, says that its too hard for him to talk about my feelings and wants space.

I dont know whether i should risk sending it to her, looking like a slut, but showing her what he is truley like (he was doing this with another girl when he was with me fyi) or keep it to myself and let him continue his pathetic childish fascade.

What should i do?
    And sorry that you will have heard all this before from about a million people but i'm stuck in a rut.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No, don't sink to his level and send it. Personally, he's a bit of a prat and you're better off without him by the looks of it.

ReputationRep:
    If you send her it, be prepared that things could get worse between you and him becuase hel blame you if they break up.

id cut off any contact i have with him and give yourself some space to get on with your life. To get over my previous ex of nearly 4 years i had 2 change my number 3 times becuase he kept getting it! lol

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't sink to his level. I think that their relationship will end pretty soon, regardless of whether you send the e-mail or not. I would advise to get back on the scene, if you get my drift. Just keep going out with friends and ignore him. He doesn't seem like a very nice person and I think people will start to see this. Perhaps you can tell your friends, and get someone you trust to speak to him? I hope things work out for you - my final piece of advise would be just to ignore him, people like that are not worthy of your time =).

ReputationRep:
    There is the problem of if you send the conversation to her, you'll feel really immature for doing it at some point.
    What you have to think about is, do you really think that she'll believe it? I mean, depending on how she feels about him, and by the sounds of it, a nasty character like him could easily have turned her against you, she could believe you just made it up to try and get him back.
    Do you care enough about him tht if you did send it to her, and he did turn nasty against you, it would upset you more than you are now?
    If you can cut yourself away from it and just want to show her what a two timing ******* he is, i'd say go for it.
    (Which is what i'd do)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
    I dont know whether i should risk sending it to her, looking like a slut, but showing her what he is truley like (he was doing this with another girl when he was with me fyi) or keep it to myself and let him continue his pathetic childish fascade.
    Well I think you hit the nail on the head really. Sounds like a freakin' idiot. Leave him be; I'm sure he'll end up learning his lesson in the long term without needing any of your help.

Focus on moving on, if I were you. You sound like you can do far better.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, come on, get over him. He is obviously a ***** and as far as we know she isn't any better, so just forget about the two of them.
    Let them sink in their own crap and go on with your life. You are better off without them.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do don't send it!

Just forget about him, block him on MSN etc. Leave them to it and get on with your own life.

ReputationRep:
    dont send it. but let him know you still have it.

you would just feel worse for sending it, and like others have said, you dont want to sink to his level. you would gain nothing but satisfaction from this, and even that would be very very short lived.

just ignore him, move on. you can do so much better

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.
    I won't delete it but i definatly won't send it then!
    Im going away for three weeks as of tomorrow which might do me some good.

And 'mire'... hes going to your uni in september. Im so sorry.

ReputationRep:
    No don't send it. Because what's the point? And because he doesn't need to know you even care. They're probably going to end soon anyway. He's just not worth your time/energy and I'm sure going into another argument with him wouldn't do you any good either.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I'd leave him to rot. As tempting as it would be to send it to the girlfriend seems to me that she's not going to be around for much longer and you're lucky to not be with him anymore, he doesn't seem like the nicest guy :rolleyes: Not saying he wasn't decent when you were together but he appears to be showing a different side to his personality from what you've said. I'd just forget he even exists - he's not worth wasting time on

ReputationRep:
    Don't send it. But what you should do is cut off ties with this guy. He's an ass. Why aren't you deleting it? Keeping it won't do any good.

ReputationRep:
    not worth it, dont bother, just move on!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
    Don't send it. But what you should do is cut off ties with this guy. He's an ass. Why aren't you deleting it? Keeping it won't do any good.

Urmmm.... as a reminder that he can't control me and try and be above me all the time.. because its the only thing i can hold over him that he wont just laugh in my face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
    Urmmm.... as a reminder that he can't control me and try and be above me all the time.. because its the only thing i can hold over him that he wont just laugh in my face.
    Good enough reason.

ReputationRep:
    Should i send her it, after he has made me depressed (i am now on medication for it)
    ugh things like this are really irritating. He might be a ****, he might have treated you in a not very nice way. But this is hardly uncommon and if you have mental health problems then don't blame him. But, on the other hand, if it's that you just can't handle bad break-ups then that's a lame reason to take medication.

As for whether you should send it - it really doesn't matter either way. But I wouldn't because it'll be embarrassing to have other people seeing that type of conversation. Is it really worth humiliating yourself just to break up his relationship (which will most likely fail at some point anyway) in order to satisfy some sort of vindictive feelings you hold towards him?

ReputationRep:
    depends on how embarrassing it is for you?? If it's not to bad I'd send it then ignore all contact with him

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt send it... I know how tempting it is though. When me and my ex of 10 months broke up (mutualish/slightly more me type decision) about 2 years ago, he started going out with someone who's he's now getting married to next year within 2 weeks of our break up. Was slightly miffed as of course when you break up with someone it can feel nice in a horrible way to hear that they arent coping with thier lifes without you! But fair play to him he told me before I heard from anyone else... But anyway, back to the point, everything was fine and I didnt see or hear from him for about a month until I was on a night out and he was there also, we were both drunk and stupidly I slept with him. I just thought **** thats not very nice of me. But to me it was a one off. Then for the next two weeks he kept texting me saying he missed me etc which I either didnt reply to or sent back a message reminding him he had a girlrfiend. Then he stopped for a while until one night he sent me a text saying 'u want some ****?'. To which I went absolutely mad over as that is such a vile thing to say, and so i basically told him I felt bad for his girlfriend and that she should know what he's like.
    I didnt speak to him again after that but everytime Ive seen him on nights out with his fiancee its so funny watching him squirm because his fiancee thinks he's a saint, and thats enough revenge for me really.
    But yea, if you sent it to her that would really be all the revenge you'd get and it would probably upset her more than it would him. Its better when you and him know that you could say something, but you've not decided if you will yet!
    The slyest thing is, he proposed to her the day after I slept with him, logic 10 clearly!
    So yes, I wouldnt send it, but I wouldnt delete it either.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.