ClaraCau
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey!
Has anyone else here applied to UCL for Law with French law? I haven't met anyone that have yet.
I applied in October to meet the Oxford dead line.
If you have a applied, did you get an offer/rejection yet?
Where else did you apply?
And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
I personally applied to QMUL (offer), Cardiff (offer), Oxford (rejection), Glasgow and ofc UCL.
I don't know my predicted grades. And I'm taking the French Baccalaureate so my grades from last year exams won't tell you anything.
iwant4a*s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ClaraCau)
Hey!
Has anyone else here applied to UCL for Law with French law? I haven't met anyone that have yet.
I applied in October to meet the Oxford dead line.
If you have a applied, did you get an offer/rejection yet?
Where else did you apply?
And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
I personally applied to QMUL (offer), Cardiff (offer), Oxford (rejection), Glasgow and ofc UCL.
I don't know my predicted grades. And I'm taking the French Baccalaureate so my grades from last year exams won't tell you anything.
Hey yeah I have and I have my interview for UCL tomorrow but really don't know what that's going to entail! I applied Oxford (interview), UCL (offer), KCL (acknowledged), Nottingham for Modern European Studies (offer) and UCL/Sciences Po European Social and Political Science (acknowledged)
GCSEs:99999A*A*A*A*A*A*
Predicted
(Pre U) French D2 Italian D2
(A level) History A* Chemistry A*
EPQ A*
Last edited by iwant4a*s; 2 months ago
ClaraCau
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by iwant4a*s)
Hey yeah I have and I have my interview for UCL tomorrow but really don't know what that's going to entail! I applied Oxford (interview), UCL (interview), Kings, Nottingham for Modern European Studies (offer) and UCL/Sciences Po European Social and Political Science
Predicted
EPQ A*
Nice! I hope your interview will go well!
iwant4a*s
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ClaraCau)
Nice! I hope your interview will go well!
Thanks! I found out today I got an offer but I really wouldn't worry if you don't get an interview the entire thing was in French and the interviewer said that the only purpose was to check my level of French. If you're doing the French bac they know you're a native speaker so I wouldn't worry also she said that 75% of the people on the course are native speakers so I think you have a really good chance.
JasmineC30
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you heard anything about law with German law interviews?
I'm not a native speaker, and my German is far from perfect, do you think I have a chance?
Well done for the offer btw!
iwant4a*s
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey sorry I don’t know anyone applying for German law but presumably if u meet the requirements you’ll be invited to interview. I definitely made mistakes whilst speaking but I think the main thing she was checking is if you can effectively communicate without making too many errors bc your taught the European law in the European language from year one. She did ask me several times if I was daunted by being around so many native speakers and did tell me that UCL don’t offer language classes to help you maintain your language skills so you’ll have to do that all yourself and if that changed my mind about the course so that’s just something to be aware of but I’m sure you have a chance. There will probably be less bilinguals for German law as well so I’m sure u have a good shot.
ThePoetaster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by JasmineC30)
Have you heard anything about law with German law interviews?
I'm not a native speaker, and my German is far from perfect, do you think I have a chance?
Well done for the offer btw!
Mmm this is difficult, as its Law with German Law, they don't have language modules as another person posted here. If they like you as a candidate they may offer you a place on the regular Law LLB programme as the Law with X Law programmes tend to be native/ near fluent language speakers only.
JasmineC30
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ok thanks
Pepe-the-frog
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks! I found out today I got an offer but I really wouldn't worry if you don't get an interview the entire thing was in French and the interviewer said that the only purpose was to check my level of French. If you're doing the French bac they know you're a native speaker so I wouldn't worry also she said that 75% of the people on the course are native speakers so I think you have a really good chance.
I have my interview in a couple of days. Would you mind telling more about the interview? Is it similar to Oxbridge interviews or do they only asses one's language skills? Thanks in advance.
iwant4a*s
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pepe-the-frog)
I have my interview in a couple of days. Would you mind telling more about the interview? Is it similar to Oxbridge interviews or do they only asses one's language skills? Thanks in advance.
Hey yeah sure it’s quite similar to the French interview they do at Oxford for law course II just a bit longer and a little more focused on law than what you do in your free time regarding French. I just spoke French for 20 minutes and she asked me about things in my reference my French teacher had said and why I want to study this course and also what French books/ films I’ve watched and read hope that helps
Pepe-the-frog
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey yeah sure it’s quite similar to the French interview they do at Oxford for law course II just a bit longer and a little more focused on law than what you do in your free time regarding French. I just spoke French for 20 minutes and she asked me about things in my reference my French teacher had said and why I want to study this course and also what French books/ films I’ve watched and read hope that helps
Thank you!
Kelseybaby18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I have an interview coming up for French + Law at UCL too and I’m a little worried for the French part 😩, what kinds of stuff do they ask?, is it about your personal interests or more about current events and stuff? Thanks in advance! xx
Pepe-the-frog
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kelseybaby18)
Hi! I have an interview coming up for French + Law at UCL too and I’m a little worried for the French part 😩, what kinds of stuff do they ask?, is it about your personal interests or more about current events and stuff? Thanks in advance! xx
1) Why do you want to study law with French Law?
2) Why do you want to study law (in UCL)?
3) Follow up questions on your responses
4) 2-3 questions about your personal statement.

You can relax, people are very nice and the questions are not difficult. And they give you some free cool stuff like a phone charger, notebook...
Kelseybaby18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pepe-the-frog)
1) Why do you want to study law with French Law?
2) Why do you want to study law (in UCL)?
3) Follow up questions on your responses
4) 2-3 questions about your personal statement.

You can relax, people are very nice and the questions are not difficult. And they give you some free cool stuff like a phone charger, notebook...
Phew... okaaayy , thanks so much! x
iwant4a*s
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kelseybaby18)
Hey I was just asked about my interest in law and what I’m studying in French and what French books and films I read/watch and how many times I’ve been to France etc. they entire thing is basically in French just throw in a few complex structures that work naturally and just try to speak as fluently as possible I how it goes well xx
Kelseybaby18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey I was just asked about my interest in law and what I’m studying in French and what French books and films I read/watch and how many times I’ve been to France etc. they entire thing is basically in French just throw in a few complex structures that work naturally and just try to speak as fluently as possible I how it goes well xx
Great, thanks so muchhh x
slime123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey yeah I have and I have my interview for UCL tomorrow but really don't know what that's going to entail! I applied Oxford (interview), UCL (offer), KCL (acknowledged), Nottingham for Modern European Studies (offer) and UCL/Sciences Po European Social and Political Science (acknowledged)
Predicted
EPQ A*
Hi could you provide details about the questions you were asked in the interview as I have it next weeks but have no idea what it's going to be like. was it more focused on French law? or just everyday things we go through in French Levels?
iwant4a*s
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by slime123)
Hi could you provide details about the questions you were asked in the interview as I have it next weeks but have no idea what it's going to be like. was it more focused on French law? or just everyday things we go through in French Levels?
sure from what I remember it was really chill law wise it was more my interest in law and career plans than knowing anything about law itself and just general conversation about things in my application. Dw they're not trying to catch you out on your knowledge it's just for them to gage whether your French is good enough for the course. The questions are kind of GCSEesque but a little harder and obviously your responses have to be more complex hope that helps!!
slime123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
sure from what I remember it was really chill law wise it was more my interest in law and career plans than knowing anything about law itself and just general conversation about things in my application. Dw they're not trying to catch you out on your knowledge it's just for them to gage whether your French is good enough for the course. The questions are kind of GCSEesque but a little harder and obviously your responses have to be more complex hope that helps!!
Thanks mate x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads