sdap
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
so I lost and later found my BRP but I had already reported it lost and hence had to apply for a new one. I applied for a replacement filled the form on the 23rd of October and my appointment was the 8th of November.it says it will take 8weeks approx for me to hear back.
Can someone say the earliest time they got a reply or the latest time because I'm soo worried I'm meant to travel on the 22nd for the holidays !!
YaaLord
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sdap)
so I lost and later found my BRP but I had already reported it lost and hence had to apply for a new one. I applied for a replacement filled the form on the 23rd of October and my appointment was the 8th of November.it says it will take 8weeks approx for me to hear back.
Can someone say the earliest time they got a reply or the latest time because I'm soo worried I'm meant to travel on the 22nd for the holidays !!
Hi there really quickly can I ask what form you filled out and if you managed to get a new one.
sdap
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by YaaLord)
Hi there really quickly can I ask what form you filled out and if you managed to get a new one.
Hi yes google replacement brp and the UKvI page will show you how to go about it. Yes I did get a new one just in time. But the earlier you apply the beater
YaaLord
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sdap)
Hi yes google replacement brp and the UKvI page will show you how to go about it. Yes I did get a new one just in time. But the earlier you apply the beater
Hi don’t mean to bother you but I wasn’t sure how to do the application so I went to a lawyer and they charged me £1300 to do the application for me and asked me for my passport and also my mums passport along with lots of other documents. It has been over 2 months now and I haven’t received my document back and neither have I received any confirmation about my application. Does this sound normal as I am a little worried as I never had to go for an appointment or anything
sdap
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by YaaLord)
Hi don’t mean to bother you but I wasn’t sure how to do the application so I went to a lawyer and they charged me £1300 to do the application for me and asked me for my passport and also my mums passport along with lots of other documents. It has been over 2 months now and I haven’t received my document back and neither have I received any confirmation about my application. Does this sound normal as I am a little worried as I never had to go for an appointment or anything
Oh wow ! No this is not supposed to be so, I did the application myself and it cost me 75 pounds because I did standard, I had to go for my biometrics and it takes between 6-8 weeks for you to hear back from the UKVI. What you need to do now is call the UKVI helpline, and see if there is a valid application with your name, then if not take it up with the police and you can also come to Queen Marys University to speak to our legal advice centre and then it would be handled properly. Sorry about this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (3)
42.86%
No (4)
57.14%
Don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads