Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeSiFiEd)
    Not many singers really write their own songs, even if they say they do. From yahoo answers it says she wrote 3 (or co-wrote) of the tracks/bonuses on the album, all the ones that were crap...lol.

NeYo is the best R&B songwriter at the minute, otherwise GhostWriters >>
    Figures.. :p:

Idk, I haven't looked into NeYo, I personally thought So Sick was very badly written.. maybe I should check out his recent stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y'anami!)
    Figures.. :p:

Idk, I haven't looked into NeYo, I personally thought So Sick was very badly written.. maybe I should check out his recent stuff?
    He don't really get credit for what he has written, but e.g. Rihanna's latest song...ermm Take a Bow? And Nicole Schezinger's new album has as few written by him!

Rihanna's Unfaithful, Beyonce's Irreplaceable, Mario Vasquez - Gallery (good song).

There's a few more which were pretty good, I'll post them up when I'm home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeSiFiEd)
    He don't really get credit for what he has written, but e.g. Rihanna's latest song...ermm Take a Bow? And Nicole Schezinger's new album has as few written by him!

Rihanna's Unfaithful, Beyonce's Irreplaceable, Mario Vasquez - Gallery (good song).

There's a few more which were pretty good, I'll post them up when I'm home!
    Oh really? All of those?? Geez I had no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y'anami!)
    Oh really? All of those?? Geez I had no idea.

Have you not heard his latest: 'Closer'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamtheeggman)
    Aww i love that song.
    It's not at all like any of the music i listen to but it's awesome.
    I'm happy, so what genre do you like? Beatles:confused: is there any good stuff around you like? btw, I called myself the g-man once, it's from a video game the name of which I forgot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    I'm happy, so what genre do you like? Beatles:confused: is there any good stuff around you like? btw, I called myself the g-man once, it's from a video game the name of which I forgot.
    Foo Fighters, The Sounds, Dizzee Rascal loads really. And i love Chris Brown now too

ReputationRep:
    i like her andd leona

ReputationRep:
    Foo Fighters, The Sounds, Dizzee Rascal loads really. And i love Chris Brown now too
    Glad to introduce him to you!

Foo Fighters are funny, how they talk over a song..1 time, 2 time.. why not just sing the song..... never heard of the others I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    i like both of them.

i wasnt too keen on jordin's song at first but i love it now! i think she shows more passion when she sings, i thought her and chris on american idol or whatever it was, was a good performance.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to introduce him to you!

Foo Fighters are funny, how they talk over a song..1 time, 2 time.. why not just sing the song..... never heard of the others I'm afraid.
    Awh i love them lol
    + you've never heard of Dizzee Rascal!!?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Awh i love them lol
    + you've never heard of Dizzee Rascal!!?? :eek:
    I got the wrong group, I was thinking of that black american group, The Foogies, or something.

Dizzee Rascal, I just wikied. The nearest rap I listen to is when Robbie Williams does it, lol. I believe in artist singing from the heart, but I don't like the politics, I'd rather try and rise above it.

ReputationRep:
    lol Dizzee Rascal is top of the charts too isn't he?

And this is a good song really liking it

ReputationRep:
    I saw the video the other day. she scares me.

ReputationRep:
    I got the wrong group, I was thinking of that black american group, The Foogies, or something.

Dizzee Rascal, I just wikied. The nearest rap I listen to is when Robbie Williams does it, lol. I believe in artist singing from the heart, but I don't like the politics, I'd rather try and rise above it.
    LOL :p: Foo Fighters are much better.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I love it, its gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    Really good tune... not sure on the beginning but overall top tune :0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiLearner)
    I saw the video the other day. she scares me.
    How on earth can she scare you? Aside from her height maybe? I adore her, I met her a few weeks ago and she's sooo tall and ten x more beautiful in real life, she's stunning.

I supported her all the way through American Idol but I can't really see a comparison between her and Leona, they're totally different! Except the fact they're females possibly? I know her album doesn't stretch her vocally as much as it could but regardless it's still a good first album. Some of the songs are poorly written but as some one else pointed out she co-wrote very little on it such as Freeze which everyone seems to love, so that's rumoured as the next single over here. She wrote a song called Virginia Is For Lovers on her own which is a really pretty simple song, however it's not on the album unfortunately, and I don't think we can get it on the UK iTunes, but it's worth a look on youtube for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaec)
    How on earth can she scare you? Aside from her height maybe? I adore her, I met her a few weeks ago and she's sooo tall and ten x more beautiful in real life, she's stunning.

I supported her all the way through American Idol but I can't really see a comparison between her and Leona, they're totally different! Except the fact they're females possibly? I know her album doesn't stretch her vocally as much as it could but regardless it's still a good first album. Some of the songs are poorly written but as some one else pointed out she co-wrote very little on it such as Freeze which everyone seems to love, so that's rumoured as the next single over here. She wrote a song called Virginia Is For Lovers on her own which is a really pretty simple song, however it's not on the album unfortunately, and I don't think we can get it on the UK iTunes, but it's worth a look on youtube for.

It's perfectly valid to compare them. Leona is the best of the crop from the UK, and Jordin is the best of the crop from America. Now they won there respective talent shows the same time. If I PAID you as a judge, could you then compare and give me a winner LEONA v JORDIN?

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly valid to compare them. Leona is the best of the crop from the UK, and Jordin is the best of the crop from America. Now they won there respective talent shows the same time. If I PAID you as a judge, could you then compare and give me a winner LEONA v JORDIN?
    Yeah but I mean with their style. I think their voices are quite different too, Jordin's being more powerful and full and Leona's being powerful yet perfected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaec)
    Yeah but I mean with their style. I think their voices are quite different too, Jordin's being more powerful and full and Leona's being powerful yet perfected.

What's the difference between 'full' and 'perfected'?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.