I think that on Friday 13th December, Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think that on Friday 13th December, Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister. Agree or Disagree?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Disagree. I expect a Tory majority of about 20 seats. Not that I want that to happen.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Disagree.
Anonymous #1
I believe on Friday afternoon, Jeremy Corbyn will deliver a speech outside the door of No. 10, outlining his vision to end austerity and bring about real change across the U.K. John McDonnell, would begin official use of No. 11 by Monday, and would probably announce an early December budget, outlining a planned economy with high welfare and investment.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Disagree.
Agree to disagree?
(Original post by barnetlad)
Disagree. I expect a Tory majority of about 20 seats. Not that I want that to happen.
Are you aware of the polling trends of the particular seats you expect to swing to Conservatives.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bhimi8)
:rofl: delusional
Rule No.1 for a Campaigner: Don't fight for a cause unless you believe it to happen.

For you it's delusional, for me it's wishful thinking.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Disagree. Labour didn't have a majority last time when they were polling better than now
Greyscale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would be nice to see it! I'm cautious, but optimism is good to stick with in such things.
Acting like we have no chance only sets us up for failure.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Agree to disagree?

Are you aware of the polling trends of the particular seats you expect to swing to Conservatives.
I had this discussion earlier today with a couple of people. I think that the Tories will gain seats in parts of Wales, the Midlands and the north of England, and perhaps lose some to the SNP in Scotland and two or three to the Lib Dems (Cheltenham and Richmond Park come to mind).
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:rofl: delusional
I know right, hopefully the only thing that will be happening is him announcing that he is resigning
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Disagree. Labour didn't have a majority last time when they were polling better than now
I don't think a majority is Labour's realistic route to governance in this election, I think it will be predicated on the extent of SNP gains, Labour retentions and Tory losses to LD.
ellaswords
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d prefer Labour to be in power, but i feel like the election will yet again result in Conservatives coming out on top 🤷🏻*♀️
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Agree to disagree?
Ok.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Greyscale)
It would be nice to see it! I'm cautious, but optimism is good to stick with in such things.
Acting like we have no chance only sets us up for failure.
My philosophy!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ellaswords)
I’d prefer Labour to be in power, but i feel like the election will yet again result in Conservatives coming out on top 🤷🏻*♀️
An understandable position, I'm hopeful of a shock poll on election date where it's more about Conservative deprivation of a majority, and progressive gains rather than Labour losses.
watershower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i do think something unexpected will happen, like them being so close, maybe a tie, but i don’t think Corbyn will win. Toriles like to be silent...
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ellaswords)
There are too many silent tory voters for Labour to win I feel
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I know right, hopefully the only thing that will be happening is him announcing that he is resigning
Unfortunately that's never going to happen.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
You're kidding nobody, we all know you'd love nothing more than a Tory majority with your favourite PM Boris Johnson back at the helm.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He said he will carry on if he loses. What a sad little career.
Exactly - like a limpet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (45)
26.16%
1 (28)
16.28%
2 (31)
18.02%
3 (24)
13.95%
4 (11)
6.4%
5 (15)
8.72%