Can I do an apprenticeshp before university? Watch

saddboyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've applied for a pharmacy apprenticeship and have also applied to study medicine this year. My goal is to continue the apprenticeship until I get an medicine offer. Then I will defer my entry for an additional year until I reach pharmacy technician level. Then I can study medicine whilst also having the option to work part time thanks to the pharmacy technician qualifications. My question is: Would this be possible? Would completing an apprencticeship stop me from being eligible for student loans? Would it be possible to end the apprenticeship and instead study medicine straight away if I got an offer this year?
saddboyy
Rep:
?
bump
saddboyy
Rep:
?
bumpppp
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saddboyy)
I've applied for a pharmacy apprenticeship and have also applied to study medicine this year. My goal is to continue the apprenticeship until I get an medicine offer. Then I will defer my entry for an additional year until I reach pharmacy technician level. Then I can study medicine whilst also having the option to work part time thanks to the pharmacy technician qualifications. My question is: Would this be possible? Would completing an apprencticeship stop me from being eligible for student loans? Would it be possible to end the apprenticeship and instead study medicine straight away if I got an offer this year?
Hi there!

What you are suggesting is absolutely possible, it's more at the discretion of your employer if they want to work your schedule around your university timetable should you study alongside your apprenticeship.

In terms of finance, I would recommend you get in touch with Student Finance England. They can assist you on any queries you may have.

As for ending your apprenticeship, of course you could. Just be aware that you very well may not achieve your qualfication if you leave before the end of your expected working period.

Hope this helps!

Robyn

:rave:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (95)
12.84%
1 (93)
12.57%
2 (94)
12.7%
19.32%
22.7%
19.86%

Watched Threads