The Student Room Group

Is graduating at 23 old?

So I took a year in uni last year but hated the course so no I'm starting again but it's a 4 year course, I really like the course but I'm just scared that once I graduate I'm going to be in a lot of dept and it'll take me a while to find my feet. Also already the fact that all my peers are half way through uni makes me sad because I have another 3 and a half years. Will graduating at 23 effect me?
No
Original post by emily46582458
So I took a year in uni last year but hated the course so no I'm starting again but it's a 4 year course, I really like the course but I'm just scared that once I graduate I'm going to be in a lot of dept and it'll take me a while to find my feet. Also already the fact that all my peers are half way through uni makes me sad because I have another 3 and a half years. Will graduating at 23 effect me?

Why would anyone care?
Reply 3
Nah, I was 26 ish and it was fine
No. Loads of mature students and post grads on my course! Plus my course us 5 years so the youngest any of us will be is 23! Age is just a number:smile:
Original post by threeportdrift
Why would anyone care?

I just feel like it's such a long time until I start my career and are able to a full-time wage
Original post by emily46582458
I just feel like it's such a long time until I start my career and are able to a full-time wage

It's the difference between a 44 year career or a 45 year career!
Reply 7
What are you studying. Do you even want to be at uni at all. The age thing makes no difference at all. The worrying thing is that instead of enjoying your course you are worrying about student debt and wishing it was over already so you could be earning. Maybe you should just get a job.
I do worry about my finances a lot whilst in uni. Coming from quite a poor background I do find it hard to juggle a part-time job and

Original post by Scotney
What are you studying. Do you even want to be at uni at all. The age thing makes no difference at all. The worrying thing is that instead of enjoying your course you are worrying about student debt and wishing it was over already so you could be earning. Maybe you should just get a job.

I do worry about my finances a lot. Coming from quite a poor background I find it hard to juggle uni and a part-time jobs. And I am doing biology which I enjoy accept the human side and I was told that after this year I would be able to specify to genetics however I just recently found out that my student finances won't let me so now I'm in even more of a pickle.
I do really like uni and I want to be able to get a career I am proud of. Its just the whole student finance worries me as I have no space to fail and now I will have no space to specify.
Reply 9
Why can you not specialize this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending