emily46582458
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So I took a year in uni last year but hated the course so no I'm starting again but it's a 4 year course, I really like the course but I'm just scared that once I graduate I'm going to be in a lot of dept and it'll take me a while to find my feet. Also already the fact that all my peers are half way through uni makes me sad because I have another 3 and a half years. Will graduating at 23 effect me?
SteveyStack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by emily46582458)
So I took a year in uni last year but hated the course so no I'm starting again but it's a 4 year course, I really like the course but I'm just scared that once I graduate I'm going to be in a lot of dept and it'll take me a while to find my feet. Also already the fact that all my peers are half way through uni makes me sad because I have another 3 and a half years. Will graduating at 23 effect me?
No?

The youngest medical graduates are 23 years old, unless you started med school < 18.

Even graduating at 53 isn't old. A legend here on TSR graduated in their 70s.
Last edited by ecolier; 11 months ago
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Why would anyone care?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Nah, I was 26 ish and it was fine
MediMaria
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No. Loads of mature students and post grads on my course! Plus my course us 5 years so the youngest any of us will be is 23! Age is just a number
emily46582458
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Why would anyone care?
I just feel like it's such a long time until I start my career and are able to a full-time wage
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I just feel like it's such a long time until I start my career and are able to a full-time wage
It's the difference between a 44 year career or a 45 year career!
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What are you studying. Do you even want to be at uni at all. The age thing makes no difference at all. The worrying thing is that instead of enjoying your course you are worrying about student debt and wishing it was over already so you could be earning. Maybe you should just get a job.
emily46582458
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I do worry about my finances a lot whilst in uni. Coming from quite a poor background I do find it hard to juggle a part-time job and

(Original post by Scotney)
What are you studying. Do you even want to be at uni at all. The age thing makes no difference at all. The worrying thing is that instead of enjoying your course you are worrying about student debt and wishing it was over already so you could be earning. Maybe you should just get a job.
I do worry about my finances a lot. Coming from quite a poor background I find it hard to juggle uni and a part-time jobs. And I am doing biology which I enjoy accept the human side and I was told that after this year I would be able to specify to genetics however I just recently found out that my student finances won't let me so now I'm in even more of a pickle.
I do really like uni and I want to be able to get a career I am proud of. Its just the whole student finance worries me as I have no space to fail and now I will have no space to specify.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Why can you not specialize this year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads