anonymoussssss12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I wanted to ask do Xaverian and Loreto college in Manchester only accept you if u have 2 grade 6’s because when I went on their websites it said two have to be at least grade 6. So they don’t accept grade 5’s?? I’m just really stressing out cos I wanna get accepted into loreto but idk if I’m gonna be able to get 2 grade 6’s ☹️☹️☹️ is anyone else currently in year 11 and is applying / has applied to the college and is stressing out as much as I am. And to the ones that have gotten accepted to either of the colleges do they call you for an interview or anything and do they accept u based on your year 11 mocks and what the teachers predict you or is it your real GCSE grades?? I
Waffled a lot so sorry allow me looll.
pazzarazza
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Idk about loreto but when Xavarian came into our school they said you don’t need certain grades to get in you need them to do specific courses. Courses like science or maths will want grades like 6 in maths and English language and the science and a pass in everything else. If u go to a catholic school ur acceptance rate is higher and you will have an interview but they’re pretty much pointless. You need to apply ASAP tho
anonymoussssss12
Rep:
?
(Original post by pazzarazza)
Idk about loreto but when Xavarian came into our school they said you don’t need certain grades to get in you need them to do specific courses. Courses like science or maths will want grades like 6 in maths and English language and the science and a pass in everything else. If u go to a catholic school ur acceptance rate is higher and you will have an interview but they’re pretty much pointless. You need to apply ASAP tho
Ohhh right yeh yehh. I applied agesss ago and I think about last week or something I got a postcard from xaverian saying that they received my application and they’ll write to all students by end of March letting them know if they’ve gotten in I think or something like that and my friend received one from loreto but I still haven’t so does that mean anything??
pazzarazza
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by anonymoussssss12)
Ohhh right yeh yehh. I applied agesss ago and I think about last week or something I got a postcard from xaverian saying that they received my application and they’ll write to all students by end of March letting them know if they’ve gotten in I think or something like that and my friend received one from loreto but I still haven’t so does that mean anything??
Maybe you applied later than your friend? I applied for another college a while ago and got my interview last month and my friend applied a few weeks ago and doesn’t have hers until next year so jus depends really and ur friend might live nearer. I gotta apply to xav soon cos the closing date is early jan :/
anonymoussssss12
Rep:
?
(Original post by pazzarazza)
Maybe you applied later than your friend? I applied for another college a while ago and got my interview last month and my friend applied a few weeks ago and doesn’t have hers until next year so jus depends really and ur friend might live nearer. I gotta apply to xav soon cos the closing date is early jan :/
Ohh righttt , yeh I think she applied earlier than me :/
and do u usually get your first choice? Cos loreto was my first choice and one of my mates got a letter from them saying she got accepted :/// and I’m just stressing out tbhh://
Yeh u gotta apply to xav asappp their deadline is coming up
pazzarazza
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Usually but depends on ur priority so if u go to a catholic school you’re more likely to get in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads