PwC / Vodafone Computer Science Degree Apprenticeship at Birmingham Applicants 2020 Watch

mathsalevels
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi. I thought I’d make a thread for the 2020 Computer Science Digital Degree apprenticeships at University of Birmingham because I couldn’t find an active one.

What stage of the application process are you at?
AiAiAi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ive completed career conversation for PwC and Im waiting for a reply. I sent the cover letter for Vodafone on Monday and I'm waiting for a reply.wbu
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
(Original post by AiAiAi)
Ive completed career conversation for PwC and Im waiting for a reply. I sent the cover letter for Vodafone on Monday and I'm waiting for a reply.wbu
I sent my cover letter for Vodafone last Thursday.

I’m waiting to hear from PwC after submitting my online application form.
How were the online assessments?
And how was the video interview?
AiAiAi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
after I did my online application I got the link to complete the career valuation after a few mins I think because I believe every1 gets to attempt both the online tests, but u haven't got a reply after the online application ? the online assessments were alright, you can't prepare much tbh. I did quite well on the games-based assessment but I don't think I did well on the numerical reasoning part of career unlocked. The video interview was alright, most of the questions are scenarios-based questions so you can't prepare too much tbh
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
after I did my online application I got the link to complete the career valuation after a few mins I think because I believe every1 gets to attempt both the online tests, but u haven't got a reply after the online application ? the online assessments were alright, you can't prepare much tbh. I did quite well on the games-based assessment but I don't think I did well on the numerical reasoning part of career unlocked. The video interview was alright, most of the questions are scenarios-based questions so you can't prepare too much tbh
Ok, thanks!
Were there any computer science questions or not? Like for the scenario-based questions on the interview, were any about technology or was it teamwork and skills based questions?
Did you have a long case study question in the interview?
Thanks
AiAiAi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mathsalevels)
Ok, thanks!
Were there any computer science questions or not? Like for the scenario-based questions on the interview, were any about technology or was it teamwork and skills based questions?
Did you have a long case study question in the interview?
Thanks
it was mostly about teamwork skills and how you would react in certain situations. You don't have to know anything much technology based tbh. Btw have u received a reply from Vodafone yet about your cover letter
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
it was mostly about teamwork skills and how you would react in certain situations. You don't have to know anything much technology based tbh. Btw have u received a reply from Vodafone yet about your cover letter
Okay thanks.
No I haven’t heard back from Vodafone yet, have you?
AiAiAi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Okay thanks.
No I haven’t heard back from Vodafone yet, have you?
yh I got a reply a few hours ago saying I have made it through to the video interview stage
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
Well done!
Why are they taking so long to get back to me 😵
Did you sent the cover letter on Monday (4 days ago) or the week before?
AiAiAi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I sent it this Monday, 4 days ago. Idk they shouldn't be taking this long
TJM4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have sent off my Vodafone video interview last week - still waiting for a reply about it. I have just received the link for the PWC career unlocked game.
Last edited by TJM4; 2 months ago
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
(Original post by TJM4)
I have sent off my Vodafone video interview last week - still waiting for a reply about it. I have just received the link for the PWC career unlocked game.
How long did it take Vodafone to reply after you sent your cover letter?
TJM4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How long did it take Vodafone to reply after you sent your cover letter?
Sent it off on the 29th and got a reply on the 4th - I wouldn't worry about it tho I think they have a backlog at the moment because it's taking longer than they said they would to respond to my video interview
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
(Original post by TJM4)
Sent it off on the 29th and got a reply on the 4th - I wouldn't worry about it tho I think they have a backlog at the moment because it's taking longer than they said they would to respond to my video interview
Ok thanks. Hope it went well
TJM4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ok thanks. Hope it went well
Thanks, good luck!
em265
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What was everyone’s predicted grades for this? I still haven’t applied yet because I’m waiting for my predicted grades to be confirmed lol
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
(Original post by em265)
What was everyone’s predicted grades for this? I still haven’t applied yet because I’m waiting for my predicted grades to be confirmed lol
A*AA (A* in maths, A in further maths and physics)
TJM4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by em265)
A* maths
A* comp sci
A physics

I think it's more about your personality than your grades tho
em265
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m predicted B in Maths, A in Physics & A* in Computer Science & don’t know whether I’ll be rejected because of the lower prediction in Maths.
TJM4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by em265)
I’m predicted B in Maths, A in Physics & A* in Computer Science & don’t know whether I’ll be rejected because of the lower prediction in Maths.
The entry requirements for the course are AAA with an A in maths so you may get rejected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (250)
66.67%
No (125)
33.33%

Watched Threads