The Student Room Group

Kpmg apprenticeships 2020

So, who’s applying to the apprenticeships for next year? I’m applying to kpmg360 in the London office...though I’m having a bit of an issue with the application process...

Anyways, feel free to discuss anything below, regardless of which kpmg program you’re going for

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with the application!

But have you also looked at the other Big 4, reason I say this is 2 fold:

1) meaning no disrespect to you, you may not be successful. You don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket, because if something goes wrong then you’re in a bad position.

2) I work for EY and started the apprenticeship sept 18, so I’m not being biased at all (maybe not lol) there are better!

But going back to point 1, I applied for kpmg and ey, passed it all with EY but didn’t succeed with the kpmg online tests, and I know others who applied to more than 1 big 4 and was successful in one but not in others.

If you do decide to apply to EY, feel free to ask as many questions as you like!
Reply 2
Original post by mattyp502
Good luck with the application!

But have you also looked at the other Big 4, reason I say this is 2 fold:

1) meaning no disrespect to you, you may not be successful. You don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket, because if something goes wrong then you’re in a bad position.

2) I work for EY and started the apprenticeship sept 18, so I’m not being biased at all (maybe not lol) there are better!

But going back to point 1, I applied for kpmg and ey, passed it all with EY but didn’t succeed with the kpmg online tests, and I know others who applied to more than 1 big 4 and was successful in one but not in others.

If you do decide to apply to EY, feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

Hi, I did actually apply to ey but I didn’t get past their video interview :\
Reply 3
When will they do the numerical test?
Reply 4
For kpmg? There is no numerical test. You do application, then audio submission and then interview stage which does involve a logical reasoning test, but not a numerical one
Original post by 123afx
For kpmg? There is no numerical test. You do application, then audio submission and then interview stage which does involve a logical reasoning test, but not a numerical one

Have you done the audio submission? If so what does it include? (You don’t need to tell me the question)
Reply 6
Original post by Natalie Munonye
Have you done the audio submission? If so what does it include? (You don’t need to tell me the question)

Hi, may I ask what office you applied to? From my knowledge, different offices ask different numbers of questions as well as different types of questions too.

Basically for me it consisted of 3 questions mostly about when I’ve demonstrated a particular skill. You have to answer all these in a 120 second audio recording which is so much harder than it sounds. Your answer has to be concise and fairly detailed but also straight to the point without too much waffling.

You don’t have to prepare for this stage before you reach it. Once you do reach this stage they will tell you by email what the questions are and you will have 3 days to plan and submit your recording to them via email (they will give you the email address). Use your phone’s voice recording app. Plan out your answers, practice reciting them alongside a timer to make sure it fits the time slot, and try to memorise your answers a little bit so that you can read them out fluently without having to properly read your notes which can be time consuming. Try to do all this and submit your recording ASAP, I know it’s a lot to do but it is possible. Good luck!
Original post by 123afx
Hi, may I ask what office you applied to? From my knowledge, different offices ask different numbers of questions as well as different types of questions too.

Basically for me it consisted of 3 questions mostly about when I’ve demonstrated a particular skill. You have to answer all these in a 120 second audio recording which is so much harder than it sounds. Your answer has to be concise and fairly detailed but also straight to the point without too much waffling.

You don’t have to prepare for this stage before you reach it. Once you do reach this stage they will tell you by email what the questions are and you will have 3 days to plan and submit your recording to them via email (they will give you the email address). Use your phone’s voice recording app. Plan out your answers, practice reciting them alongside a timer to make sure it fits the time slot, and try to memorise your answers a little bit so that you can read them out fluently without having to properly read your notes which can be time consuming. Try to do all this and submit your recording ASAP, I know it’s a lot to do but it is possible. Good luck!

Thank u do muchhh. It’s a bit of a relief because other places only give you a minute to prepare each answer.

I’m applying to KPMG 360 office. You?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 123afx

did you hear back from them? i sent mine about a week ago and havent heard back, obviously understandable being christmas and all
Original post by Gent2324
did you hear back from them? i sent mine about a week ago and havent heard back, obviously understandable being christmas and all

Sorry mistake
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Natalie Munonye
Thank u do muchhh. It’s a bit of a relief because other places only give you a minute to prepare each answer.

I’m applying to KPMG 360 office. You?

Yeah I’m applying to kpmg360 too, in London. Which location you going for?

Other places not only give you a minute to prepare, but their recordings are live and you only get one attempt. At kpmg it’s not live, you send it off to them yourself and you can attempt it as many times as you’d like.
Original post by 123afx

Other places not only give you a minute to prepare, but their recordings are live and you only get one attempt. At kpmg it’s not live, you send it off to them yourself and you can attempt it as many times as you’d like.

Can I pm you? How do I do it?
Reply 12

What stage you at? I sent off my audio recording in the 17th and am still waiting to hear back. Like you said Christmas and Boxing Day holidays do play a part in that. But lots of people have seen kpmg respond to them well outside the promised time frame so don’t worry too much if you don’t hear back for a while.
Original post by 123afx

edit nvm didnt read your post
Original post by 123afx
What stage you at? I sent off my audio recording in the 17th and am still waiting to hear back. Like you said Christmas and Boxing Day holidays do play a part in that. But lots of people have seen kpmg respond to them well outside the promised time frame so don’t worry too much if you don’t hear back for a while.

i sent mine on the 18th. i found it quite tricky to condense it all into the time limit. i imagine we will hear back mid jan, they took 2 weeks to get from the first stage to that stage so i doubt it will be a short wait time. kpmg seem to be very nice with the application process though, no online assessment and no video interview, and the recording seems nice given we can record it in our own time. hopefully the assessment centres are nice too!
Reply 15
i sent mine on the 18th. i found it quite tricky to condense it all into the time limit. i imagine we will hear back mid jan, they took 2 weeks to get from the first stage to that stage so i doubt it will be a short wait time. kpmg seem to be very nice with the application process though, no online assessment and no video interview, and the recording seems nice given we can record it in our own time. hopefully the assessment centres are nice too!

Yes haha I really like this application process compared to other firms. Regarding the first stage, they actually had a glitch on their system. For me and my mate and I imagine all other applicants, they never asked us for our a level grades/predictions, and our applications went ahead without them. They had to take a while to fix that and ask us to edit our applications when they were sent back to us. Even after the second attempt, I still couldn’t find the grades I inputted on the print friendly application record! But they told me afterwards they still received the grades anyways.

I think this is why they took 2 weeks to get back to us. I don’t think it affected just the apprenticeship applicants either, my mate is at lse and he said some of the older students who were applying to the graduate scheme also said there was a glitch on the application process. Idk if it was the same one but they do have to fix up on their system!!!!
Original post by 123afx
Yes haha I really like this application process compared to other firms. Regarding the first stage, they actually had a glitch on their system. For me and my mate and I imagine all other applicants, they never asked us for our a level grades/predictions, and our applications went ahead without them. They had to take a while to fix that and ask us to edit our applications when they were sent back to us. Even after the second attempt, I still couldn’t find the grades I inputted on the print friendly application record! But they told me afterwards they still received the grades anyways.

I think this is why they took 2 weeks to get back to us. I don’t think it affected just the apprenticeship applicants either, my mate is at lse and he said some of the older students who were applying to the graduate scheme also said there was a glitch on the application process. Idk if it was the same one but they do have to fix up on their system!!!!

they are all awful tbh. with pwc, you couldnt apply without putting your degree in, which you dont have! you were literally forced into putting a degree in and the grade you got so i had no idea what to do.
Reply 17
they are all awful tbh. with pwc, you couldnt apply without putting your degree in, which you dont have! you were literally forced into putting a degree in and the grade you got so i had no idea what to do.

Oh my god I literally had that exact same issue when I applied to pwc, but that was on my second attempt. On the first school leave role i applied to, there was a section where they asked to me about which flying start degree apprenticeship programme I applied to, and there was a list of boxes to tick with locations beside them. But I didn’t apply to any before and there was no box to say none, and I couldn’t progress beyond that stage. Really annoying.

Hopefully the kpmg thing goes along smoothly though. We will see
Reply 18

Hey, you received an update yet?
Original post by 123afx
Hey, you received an update yet?

no you?

Quick Reply

Latest