The Student Room Group

Tongue piercing info ASAP!

So I got my tongue pierced 3 weeks on Saturday and we’ll today is the like the 3rd week and 3rd day and I got my bar change to a shorter bar by my piercer on 3rd week and I was just sleeping when I felt something in my mouth and I don’t feel my tongue piercing so I get up and look into the mirror and it turns out the whole tongue bar fell out i don’t know how but for an hour or two I’m sticking my tongue out pushing the bar up into my tongue and trying to screw the top ball on and I struggle and I cripple everywhere I didn’t wanna go sleep without my tongue piercing in and it was really sore when I kept re inserting my bar and I’m just scared that it might come lose again and I might swallow the ball and bar also I washed my mouth out with mouth wash after and now I’m not sure what to do shall I inform my piercer ? Why has my bar fell out ?
Original post by BeccaBooBear
So I got my tongue pierced 3 weeks on Saturday and we’ll today is the like the 3rd week and 3rd day and I got my bar change to a shorter bar by my piercer on 3rd week and I was just sleeping when I felt something in my mouth and I don’t feel my tongue piercing so I get up and look into the mirror and it turns out the whole tongue bar fell out i don’t know how but for an hour or two I’m sticking my tongue out pushing the bar up into my tongue and trying to screw the top ball on and I struggle and I cripple everywhere I didn’t wanna go sleep without my tongue piercing in and it was really sore when I kept re inserting my bar and I’m just scared that it might come lose again and I might swallow the ball and bar also I washed my mouth out with mouth wash after and now I’m not sure what to do shall I inform my piercer ? Why has my bar fell out ?

The ball might not have been secured properly. It happens, unfortunately! Did you manage to get it back in? Make sure it's secured nice and tightly and see your piercer tomorrow if you can just so they can check on it. Because of the trauma of reinserting it, it could be that it'll swell again and you may need to go back to a longer bar. Keep on with your aftercare routine and keep an eye on it

Quick Reply

Latest