HYPE DIGITAL STUDIO - SCAMMMMM!!!!!! 57 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 7PN

Watch
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Irmina198)
So what should I do in your point of view?Did u have similar issue yourself?😕
No, But from what you describe they've offered to make you a portfolio for £1000 and after agreement they've kept their side of the deal, so you owe them £1000. Unless there's other details?

Basically you're going to have to triple check the agreement/contract to see exactly what the terms are and if they've broken them. If they haven't specifically guaranteed you work, but instead offered to pass your portfolio to other companies, I don't know what arguments you could use, others may know more though.

I deffo wouldn't want to pay them, but you need to keep yourself legally in the right.
Last edited by StriderHort; 1 month ago
Irmina198
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
No, But from what you describe they've offered to make you a portfolio for £1000 and after agreement they've kept their side of the deal, so you owe them £1000. Unless there's other details?

Basically you're going to have to triple check the agreement/contract to see exactly what the terms are and if they've broken them. If they haven't specifically guaranteed you work, but instead offered to pass your portfolio to other companies, I don;t know how what arguments you could use.

I deffo wouldn't want to pay them, but you need to keep yourself legally in the right.
Well,of course on my agreement it says I can’t cancel my agreement with them after signing up.Im sure I have did it big mistake paying for such a expensive portfolio and being so naive and trusting them,that they will find me paid work.I have signed up paper work and that’s the problem.I think I will need to just pay that horrible studio🙁
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well,of course on my agreement it says I can’t cancel my agreement with them after signing up.Im sure I have did it big mistake paying for such a expensive portfolio and being so naive and trusting them,that they will find me paid work.I have signed up paper work and that’s the problem.I think I will need to just pay that horrible studio🙁
Possibly But you're also best getting more detailed advice, I'm only going on the small amount of info provided, there may be other ways to get out of it.

It seems a common thing, but always be super wary of any modelling place that wants you to pay them. I did one wee workwear shoot as a teen years back, but even then it was simple, 'Come in for a trial shoot, we'll pay you for your time in any case and provide some pics for free'
Irmina198
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Possibly But you're also best getting more detailed advice, I'm only going on the small amount of info provided, there may be other ways to get out of it.

It seems a common thing, but always be super wary of any modelling place that wants you to pay them. I did one wee workwear shoot as a teen years back, but even then it was simple, 'Come in for a trial shoot, we'll pay you for your time in any case and provide some pics for free'
I have contacted few days ago Uk models for help but nobody reply me back.Do you know yourself any advice centre for models or anything like it?
I would appreciate it any help.
thatbxtch2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So what should I do in your point of view?Did u have similar issue yourself?😕
Don’t get back to their emails or anything like that, I highly doubt they will actually take further action because they know themselves they are scammers. Please listen to me and just ignore them, exactly the same thing happened with me they guaranteed me work in the interview then say the complete opposite once I paid off the money. Just ignore them u will be fine
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The contract is obviously never going to say you can cancel your obligation to pay, the user was suggesting you look through it for claims that they make and have broken so that you have legal standing to stop paying. If they break the contract first by guaranteeing in writing that they would find you modelling work withing X weeks and that never materialises, they have broken their contractual agreements and you may in turn would no longer be bound by your contractual agreement to pay.

If you have a close friend, family friend or relative who's a solicitor, get in touch and ask them if they would mind having a read-through of whatever you've signed and if they think their legal threats have any merit.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
Irmina198
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
The contract is obviously never going to say you can cancel your obligation to pay, the user was suggesting you look through it for claims that they make and have broken so that you have legal standing to stop paying. If they break the contract first by guaranteeing in writing that they would find you modelling work withing X weeks and that never materialises, they have broken their contractual agreements and you may in turn would no longer be bound by your contractual agreement to pay.

If you have a close friend, family friend or relative who's a solicitor, get in touch and ask them if they would mind having a read-through of whatever you've signed and if they think their legal threats have any merit.
Unfortunately I don’t know anyone who can help me with this.The only solicitor I knew is not here anymore and I’m not able to contact him sadly.Hmmm what should I do in your opinion?shoukd I I pay them or ignore the warnings about court?!😕
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately I don’t know anyone who can help me with this.The only solicitor I knew is not here anymore and I’m not able to contact him sadly.Hmmm what should I do in your opinion?shoukd I I pay them or ignore the warnings about court?!😕
I couldn't possibly offer "proper" recommendations on how to proceed with this, nor should anyone else without a law education. I'd start looking for solicitors local to you, as it's somewhat common for them to offer short 15 minute consultations at very low rates or for free.
Irmina198
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
I couldn't possibly offer "proper" recommendations on how to proceed with this, nor should anyone else without a law education. I'd start looking for solicitors local to you, as it's somewhat common for them to offer short 15 minute consultations at very low rates or for free.
Yes that would be best but the problem I’ve got right now I am abroad and they gave me only 14days to pay the remaining over £600,I will be back to Uk next Monday and will have only 2days to find cheap solicitor😕
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes that would be best but the problem I’ve got right now I am abroad and they gave me only 14days to pay the remaining over £600,I will be back to Uk next Monday and will have only 2days to find cheap solicitor😕
My recommendation in that case would be to sign up to Reddit and post on www.reddit.com/r/legaladviceuk, there are a good number of legal professionals hanging around happy to offer advice.
Irmina198
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
My recommendation in that case would be to sign up to Reddit and post on www.reddit.com/r/legaladviceuk, there are a good number of legal professionals hanging around happy to offer advice.
I was trying to sign up with reddit but I couldn’t for some reason,was blank page no idea why😕
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was trying to sign up with reddit but I couldn’t for some reason,was blank page no idea why😕
Try from another device :dontknow:
thatbxtch2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did they ever get back to you and take you to court over the £600?
Angelagould
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m in this situation too.. I signed up 2 days ago.. just found out might be a scam.. only paid £150 so far.. balance £850.. can I get out the contract? Hype digital doesn’t exit at companies house..
Angelagould
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have also contacted my bank and given the paperwork to a solicitor..
thatbxtch2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Angelagould)
I have also contacted my bank and given the paperwork to a solicitor..
I literally paid £600 and after when they started twisting things saying you now have to pay agency fees etc and the work isn’t always guaranteed then that’s when I started to loose my **** but I made a claim to my bank and got all my money back within a week or less. They then phoned me about 5 days after and said “all the calls we’d have with you have been recorded and we are gonna send it over to the fraud team” TRUST ME, don’t be scared because they are legit scammers like they won’t do anything they just trying to scare you. I haven’t heard anything for ages now, listen, if you paid them directly from ur credit card/debit card, you should be able to make a claim on ur online banking.
Jjulcia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have a question, I am in a similar situation, only we paid 950f for our daughter in full. We want to get the whole amount back because it was only after leaving that we realized that it was fiction and fraud and we will never get it back. My question is whether you did not suffer the consequences of recovering the money by the bank and submitting for a refund to the bank, what should be mentioned in the title.
Jjulcia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thatbxtch2001)
Co robisz, aby rozwiązać ten problem? Dosłownie idę dziś do banku, żeby zobaczyć, co mogą zrobić
Mam pytanie, jestem w podobnej sytuacji, tylko zapłaciliśmy w całości 950f za naszą córkę. Chcemy odzyskać całą kwotę, bo dopiero po wyjściu zdaliśmy sobie sprawę, że to fikcja i oszustwo i nigdy jej nie odzyskamy. Moje pytanie brzmi, czy nie ponieśliście konsekwencji odzyskania pieniędzy przez bank i zgłoszenia do banku zwrotu pieniędzy, o czym należy wspomnieć w tytule.
Jjulcia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What are you doing to resolve the issue ? I’m literally going to the bank today to see what they can do
Did you get your money back?
Angelagould
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I literally paid £600 and after when they started twisting things saying you now have to pay agency fees etc and the work isn’t always guaranteed then that’s when I started to loose my **** but I made a claim to my bank and got all my money back within a week or less. They then phoned me about 5 days after and said “all the calls we’d have with you have been recorded and we are gonna send it over to the fraud team” TRUST ME, don’t be scared because they are legit scammers like they won’t do anything they just trying to scare you. I haven’t heard anything for ages now, listen, if you paid them directly from ur credit card/debit card, you should be able to make a claim on ur online banking.
I’ve opened a retail dispute to try and claim my money back - I paid £150.. I’ve cancelled the monthly charge of £85 - I’m sure they will be in contact tomorrow as they won’t get their money..!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.52%
No (310)
78.48%

Watched Threads