gucciclara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I was curious to know whether psychology examiners will judge u based on how many paragraphs you write for a 16 marker. For example, "outline and evaluate research into cultural variations in attachment". Now let's say I write 4 paragraphs maximum with 2 being theory and 2 being evaluation each being very strong. Would that affect the mark I get if?
Alexariah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I usually write 3 especially with time allocated in the exam. If you’re writing 4 I applaud you😄
I mean the structure we were taught was knowledge theory first then evaluate, then criticise but I think it depends what exam board you’re on (I’m on Edexcel)
Definitely ask your teachers or go into exam board websites, look at examiners reports on how to answer 16 markers
gluttonyyy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've always been told length doesn't count if the content isn't good. You could have 3 pages but it waffles and doesn't cover everything You could have 4 paragraphs but they could be really detailed and concise, so I'm sure it wouldn't matter as long as you've covered enough to get 16 marks. I normally do 2/3 for theory and at least 2 for evaluation even though I always get told to do more evaluation , I only do 2 as that's always what I can remember. (I do aqa btw) I'd say to be safe try 4 paragraphs but make sure they've got enough detail and cover the main points
gucciclara
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexariah)
I usually write 3 especially with time allocated in the exam. If you’re writing 4 I applaud you😄
I mean the structure we were taught was knowledge theory first then evaluate, then criticise but I think it depends what exam board you’re on (I’m on Edexcel)
Definitely ask your teachers or go into exam board websites, look at examiners reports on how to answer 16 markers
LOL, BTW I do aqa which I believe is much more harsher than other exam boards.
gucciclara
Rep:
?
(Original post by gluttonyyy)
I've always been told length doesn't count if the content isn't good. You could have 3 pages but it waffles and doesn't cover everything You could have 4 paragraphs but they could be really detailed and concise, so I'm sure it wouldn't matter as long as you've covered enough to get 16 marks. I normally do 2/3 for theory and at least 2 for evaluation even though I always get told to do more evaluation , I only do 2 as that's always what I can remember. (I do aqa btw) I'd say to be safe try 4 paragraphs but make sure they've got enough detail and cover the main points
Exactly, I was confused by the common misconception of writing upto 3 pages😨. Bigup I also do aqa👍thanks for the reply.
gluttonyyy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gucciclara)
Exactly, I was confused by the common misconception of writing upto 3 pages😨. Bigup I also do aqa👍thanks for the reply.
no worries, you in first or second year if you don't mind me asking?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%
6 (6)
2.49%
7+ (20)
8.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise