The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF application fashion journalism

I have an interview coming up on the 17th so if anyone has any advice about the interview or portfolio that would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if you actually get your physical portfolio back? I have an interview for UEL soon after and I need it for then.
Original post by Rosa Macvicar
I have an interview coming up on the 17th so if anyone has any advice about the interview or portfolio that would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if you actually get your physical portfolio back? I have an interview for UEL soon after and I need it for then.

Hi @Rosa Macvicar

Great to hear you have applied to UEL - best of luck with your interview. Perhaps you could take your portfolio along with a 'leave behind' version that has copies of your work, just in case.

If you have any questions about the process at UEL, you can speak to a member of our Applicant Enquiries team on +44 (0)20 8223 3333, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Meg
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
[quote=Rosa Macvicar;86371820]I have an interview coming up on the 17th so if anyone has any advice about the interview or portfolio that would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if you actually get your physical portfolio back? I have an interview for UEL soon after and I need it for then.

Hi there Rosa ,
It’s great that you’ve applied for a course at LCF , some advice for the interview is to think of it as a chat , instead of a super formal discussion . This will make things less intimidating for you , all the tutors want to learn is your thought / design process , why you make certain decisions when it comes to design , what inspires you etc. In terms of the portfolio something tutors love to see at UAL is variety , include large pieces of work / small pieces , include work which explores lots of different materials / media , include lots of varied research etc . A standard undergraduate portfolio size is A2 white / cream coloured card as a base . When laying out your portfolio consider placement , and allow enough space between pieces so that your portfolio pages are clear and easy to read .

Goodluck with everything!

Menunatu- UAL Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending