The Student Room Group

Lefties, come on in. See how your notions of rehabilitation have worked so well.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
Why rape though? Why not murder or pedophilia?

Some theft are heinous crimes. Imagine robbing an OAP without support and this leads to their death?

true tbh i view murder to be far worst than rape (at least for rape your not actually killing the person)...
Original post by 1st superstar
true tbh i view murder to be far worst than rape (at least for rape your not actually killing the person)...

I think rape is horrible but not on the same level as murder or sexual abuse of children.
Some theft are heinous crimes. Imagine robbing an OAP without support and this leads to their death?

Well yeah in that case it's worse but all things have different levels. You can murder someone by shooting them in the head with an AWP (painless) or you can murder someone by flaying them, cutting off their limbs and keeping them alive for the longest time possible in the most amount of pain.
They're both murder but clearly one is worse than the other, so if you're saying that some theft are worse than others, yeah obviously.

Why rape though? Why not murder or pedophilia?

Again, things have different levels. Being attracted to children but not acting on it in any way is less worse than going after children, kidnapping them and raping them.
Reply 23
I haven't read into this too much, so apologies if I'm incorrect here on the facts, but last I checked being in and out of prison is not rehabilitation, and is in fact part of the issue, as it shows that attempts were not being sufficiently made to rehabilitate in the first place. Leaving someone in a prison alone isn't enough to do anything
Original post by Glaz
Well yeah in that case it's worse but all things have different levels. You can murder someone by shooting them in the head with an AWP (painless) or you can murder someone by flaying them, cutting off their limbs and keeping them alive for the longest time possible in the most amount of pain.
They're both murder but clearly one is worse than the other, so if you're saying that some theft are worse than others, yeah obviously.

Again, things have different levels. Being attracted to children but not acting on it in any way is less worse than going after children, kidnapping them and raping them.

Ok. I’d still want them to receive death for murder and pedophilia.

I understand but personally I disagree :tongue:

When you say "pedophilia" though what exactly do you mean? If you mean like kidnapping and raping and the whole cluster****, then yeah, but if you just mean attraction without any acts then I definitely don't agree. If they don't act on it and they're not harming anybody then there's no problem.
@CatusStarbright can I get your view on this?
Original post by Glaz
I understand but personally I disagree :tongue:

When you say "pedophilia" though what exactly do you mean? If you mean like kidnapping and raping and the whole cluster****, then yeah, but if you just mean attraction without any acts then I definitely don't agree. If they don't act on it and they're not harming anybody then there's no problem.
@CatusStarbright can I get your view on this?

I am talking about action. I don't care what is in someone’s head. If they hold such views, it is worrying and sad. Once they act on the view, then they receive death. I am focused on actions.
I am talking about action. I don't care what is in someone’s head. If they hold such views, it is worrying and sad. Once they act on the view, then they receive death. I am focused on actions.

Fair enough
What about a 15 year old and an 16/17/18 year old. Does that count as pedophilia and do you think that's deserving of the death penalty? Technically the 15 year old can't consent but I did stuff when I was 15 and the girl I did it with was 17 and I don't count that as pedophilia and I think I was fully capable of consenting. What do you think about that?
Original post by Glaz
Fair enough
What about a 15 year old and an 16/17/18 year old. Does that count as pedophilia and do you think that's deserving of the death penalty? Technically the 15 year old can't consent but I did stuff when I was 15 and the girl I did it with was 17 and I don't count that as pedophilia and I think I was fully capable of consenting. What do you think about that?

No, of course not. I mean pedophilia as being a 15 year old and a 29 year old teacher or a 13 year old and a 44 year old neighbour or a 14 year old and a 37 year old uncle.

I define the age limit as (X/2)+7 for the man. For the woman it is (X-7)x2
(edited 4 years ago)
No, of course not. I mean pedophilia as being a 15 year old and a 29 year old teacher or a 13 year old and a 44 year old neighbour or a 14 year old and a 37 year old uncle.

oh jesus well in that case yeah if they act on it then yeah but under that definition that comes under rape so I agree with you in that's deserving of the death penalty.
Original post by Glaz
oh jesus well in that case yeah if they act on it then yeah but under that definition that comes under rape so I agree with you in that's deserving of the death penalty.

Exactly. People who are against pedophilia focus on these cases and not a 15 year old dating a 17 year old.
Original post by Ieuz
I haven't read into this too much, so apologies if I'm incorrect here on the facts, but last I checked being in and out of prison is not rehabilitation, and is in fact part of the issue, as it shows that attempts were not being sufficiently made to rehabilitate in the first place. Leaving someone in a prison alone isn't enough to do anything

But he should have learned after the first couple of sentences surely? Career criminals like this should be locked up and the key thrown away early. It's the only way to benefit society, rather than try to rehabilitate somebody who quite clearly doesn't want it.

In my opinion, open some mexican style prisons for the worst offenders. Dump them in there, no guards, nothing, food package dropped in once a day and let them fend for themselves. They want to live murdering and thieving, let them crack on, with other criminals.
Original post by imlikeahermit
But he should have learned after the first couple of sentences surely? Career criminals like this should be locked up and the key thrown away early. It's the only way to benefit society, rather than try to rehabilitate somebody who quite clearly doesn't want it.

In my opinion, open some mexican style prisons for the worst offenders. Dump them in there, no guards, nothing, food package dropped in once a day and let them fend for themselves. They want to live murdering and thieving, let them crack on, with other criminals.

any how many of them will recommit crimes? thus harming society again rather than learning their lesson...

The criminal justice system is very flawed and the wrong person could end up being executed. I think a lot of people probably deserve the death penalty, but that doesn’t mean we should follow through.

You're talking about the sexual abuse of a child there, then. Paedophilia is simply being sexually attracted to children, it doesn't imply that the paedophile will act upon it.
I define the age limit as (X/2)+7 for the man. For the woman it is (X-7)x2

What does X stand for?
Original post by YaliaV
The criminal justice system is very flawed and the wrong person could end up being executed. I think a lot of people probably deserve the death penalty, but that doesn’t mean we should follow through.

We should focus on improving the justice system rather than allowing people to avoid capital punishment IMHO.
Original post by Sharmarko
What does X stand for?

X = your age.

So for a man who is 24, the lowest he can go is

(24/2) + 7 = 19

For a woman who is 21, the highest she can go is

(21-7) x 2 = 28

Obviously it is not scientific fact.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You're talking about the sexual abuse of a child there, then. Paedophilia is simply being sexually attracted to children, it doesn't imply that the paedophile will act upon it.

I dont care what people do in their heads. Once they act on it, then they receive death.
I think he should be sent to Australia so we are not wasting money feeding and housing him.

We still do that right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending