Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For example...

Somebody is acting all normal for months/years, as soon as they have something you don't they act all better than you and dickish.

I don't understand it really, most things don't last forever and the people who do this normally end up more embarrassed than once they lose that something...

It's not really insulting or rude, just really dumb and idiotic. I always have to hold my tongue when somebody comes out with one of these situations, I just want to start an argument but then I'd be just as pathetic as the other person.

A better example...

Someone who hasn't got **** all education, qualifications etc. gets a job and then suddenly turns to the other person who has good grades etc. but no job.

"You haven't even got a job or anything, what are you doing with life?"

Hold on a ****ing second!! I've spent 3 years studying while you've been doing **** all and now you have the cheek to say that!

Rant over....Why do people feel the need to act like this???

Is it jealousy? Self-reassurance? Hate? I don't know...

ReputationRep:
    insecurity.

ReputationRep:
    Inferiority complex?

ReputationRep:
    all of those

ReputationRep:
    Oh, lol...

Does this apply to EVERY subject that situations like these appear, not just education/jobs.

I can't stand people trying to put down others no matter how little the subject is.

ReputationRep:
    It's jealousy. I get it all the time just because I keep it real. Just keep it real and do your thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Oh, lol...

Does this apply to EVERY subject that situations like these appear, not just education/jobs.

I can't stand people trying to put down others no matter how little the subject is.
    yes. it does. an amazing amount of people are insecure or have an inferiority complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    It's jealousy. I get it all the time just because I keep it real. Just keep it real and do your thing.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Possibly because they are your username OP?

Yeah, inferiority, jealousy, feeling they have to prove something and all that shiz. Annoying, but hey. Be happy, let people be

ReputationRep:
    you should let people who do this have their moment in the sun, 5 minutes of glory because if you dont youre reducing them to nothing in the grand scheme of things, they just want to be noticed and also want to go places like you

ReputationRep:
    Evolution?

ReputationRep:
    I love your username!

ReputationRep:
    they are insecure

ReputationRep:
    tis just to validate themselves through putting you down to inflate his/her ego.

meh just realise theyre the one whos done ****....not to mention acting like a prat

ReputationRep:
    Because I'd think it terribly dishonest of myself to try and pretend I was the equal of others by lowering myself to their level. Of course.

ReputationRep:
    People always need to beat the guy who is already at the top, but people like that arent generally my friends so what do i care!

ReputationRep:
    It's stupid, alright... Life becomes a lot easier when you stop caring about what idiots think. :P

ReputationRep:
    I do that.

We do it because it's fun. Sorry to bring the "they are insecure" bandwagon to such a screeching halt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I do that.

We do it because it's fun. Sorry to bring the "they are insecure" bandwagon to such a screeching halt.
    You think its fun to try and beat people who are allready better than you

HA! Thats why people like us laugh at people like you

Im also on the "not giving a flying **** what other people think of me" wagon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
    You think its fun to try and beat people who are allready better than you
    I don't only do it to people who are better than me, but yes.

HA! Thats why people like us laugh at people like you
    Does the fact that I'm not really bothered gain me access to the below bandwagon?

Im also on the "not giving a flying **** what other people think of me" wagon

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.