The Student Room Group

Just caught my colleagues *****ing about me.

I have been here just over a month.

Not feeling like i belong anyway, this morning i decided to just keep my head down and get on with work, be friendly but make no waves.

One of the women tells me off for making an error (an error me and the other woman BOTH know she did, not me). So i state that i left it on another code, she said well it isn't on it now. So the other woman (the one who made the error) has the cheek to lecture me in how to do it properly.

So i sit there and just sigh, then go get some printing.

I come back and they are stood at the back and quickly stop talking and look at me. They also did that classic quickly talk about anything and involve me straight away to try and deter from the *****ing they just did.

I am so over this place already....
dont let their trifles bother you cuz it aint worth your mental energies
Original post by Anonymous
I have been here just over a month.

Not feeling like i belong anyway, this morning i decided to just keep my head down and get on with work, be friendly but make no waves.

One of the women tells me off for making an error (an error me and the other woman BOTH know she did, not me). So i state that i left it on another code, she said well it isn't on it now. So the other woman (the one who made the error) has the cheek to lecture me in how to do it properly.

So i sit there and just sigh, then go get some printing.

I come back and they are stood at the back and quickly stop talking and look at me. They also did that classic quickly talk about anything and involve me straight away to try and deter from the *****ing they just did.

I am so over this place already....

Yeah, office politics. Its insidious, and can ruin entire organisations, people just join in, and it can be pretty toxic to productivity, not to mention to the person involved.

This has happened to me as well a lot. Colleagues making a mistake, you take the flack for it, they get an opportunity to come clean, and they simply throw you under a bus.

Its happened to me more times than I can count. Sadly, nice people get exploited in the workplace more than they should, and manipulative people seem to be in abundance.

I'd see if there is anyone outside of this circle, like a HR representative you can speak too, or a union rep.

Or, if you can manage to cope without the job, leave (only if you can afford too). But further to this, I'd be looking for another job. It doesn't sound like a nice place to work, especially after only one month, you are been treated this way.

All the best.
Just leave, no point being miserable at work.
Fight fire with fire, ***** about them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending