Constantly making dumb mistakes.

Watch
punkdaf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Anyone know how I can stop making so many easily avoidable mistakes? Yesterday at uni I wasted 10 minutes waiting for someone who wasn't my progress tutor because I'd forgotten who they were, and almost decided on a case study that had nothing to do with my module it was for (Animation). Besides from the first one, the second one would have had serious consequences had I not asked my tutor for that module on it.

I have depression and I take antidepressants for it. So that might be a reason why I'm having problems with general coordination and memory. Time feels like it goes by without me.

It's extremely frustrating and embarrassing when these mistakes happen. I feel like my classmates see me as a lazy person with **** memory but at times I feel sedated. Since I'm depressed this makes things worse. I'm genuinely working my ass off in my final year. I'm getting tired of it.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Write stuff down, and tick it off when done.

It's a bit concerning you're confident that false things are true though, that may need more of a change of attitude to double check things before it's almost too late.
AfricanDream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by punkdaf)
Anyone know how I can stop making so many easily avoidable mistakes? Yesterday at uni I wasted 10 minutes waiting for someone who wasn't my progress tutor because I'd forgotten who they were, and almost decided on a case study that had nothing to do with my module it was for (Animation). Besides from the first one, the second one would have had serious consequences had I not asked my tutor for that module on it.

I have depression and I take antidepressants for it. So that might be a reason why I'm having problems with general coordination and memory. Time feels like it goes by without me.

It's extremely frustrating and embarrassing when these mistakes happen. I feel like my classmates see me as a lazy person with **** memory but at times I feel sedated. Since I'm depressed this makes things worse. I'm genuinely working my ass off in my final year. I'm getting tired of it.
I write agendas for each day (well not holidays and days when I can just relax) ahead of time listing what I need to do or who I need to see, when I see them and any questions that I have to ask. Then, depending on what I am doing I will write a schedule so that I can best plan my time and ensure everything gets covered- including taking breaks. I have found this really helpful with memory as I don't have to wreck my brain at the time trying to remember everything, instead I have my agenda to work from as a prompt. It would make sense that how you feel would also affect this but it is something that you would clearly like to work on.

I would speak to your doctor about the problems you have been having as the medication you are on may be contributing to this issue. Medications affect people differently and what may work really well for one person may cause bad side effects for others,etc -so definitely something to bring up with your doctor. If these are side effects (memory issues, feeling very sedated), hopefully you will be given a possible alternative to use whether that be medication/therapy, etc. Especially if you feel the medication isn't working either and possibly just making things worse.

I hope you start to feel better soon!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads