Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)
    Yea, since i'm doing a scoring system the players with the lowest amount of points will be relegated to Division 2 whilst the players with the highest amount of points are promoted to Divison 1. that way the divisions are not fixed and everyone will be able to play everyone at some point providing you play to the best of your ability.

oh and i was just gonna use the rules you posted on the forum they seem fine. i've just changed it slightly so that 'home' players can decide on the wep spawns so they can have more of an advantage.
    How sucky would it feel to be at the bottom of D2 though, or even D1. Are you saying we use the results of this league to determine divisions, or we decide on divisions before next week's league?

I'm not sure how people feel about a 2-tier league

I'm also unsure about the wep spawns idea though I realise home players should have more than just picking the map. I can foresee everyone playing no-sniper games against me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    How sucky would it feel to be at the bottom of D2 though, or even D1.
    But at the same time, how sucky would it be to keep playing with people who are just gonna destroy you every time, how demoralising is that gonna get! With divisions I would hope it would act more like the levels in matchmaking, making sure you play with people who are at least similar skill.

The best way to decide is probably just to have a vote from all the players once we've determined who actually wants to play.

ReputationRep:
    How sucky would it feel to be at the bottom of D2 though, or even D1. Are you saying we use the results of this league to determine divisions, or we decide on divisions before next week's league?

I'm not sure how people feel about a 2-tier league

I'm also unsure about the wep spawns idea though I realise home players should have more than just picking the map. I can foresee everyone playing no-sniper games against me :p:

Divisions mean that people of similar skill levels can play each other and then improve and then move up. Its not to divide everyone or to say that "look you suck you're at the bottom" the only person i could see poking fun at the lower Divisons is Din which is why he's starting at the bottom

i've only just seperated the regular's list. but i think we should mix it up at first for next week and then after that the Divisons will be based simply on scoring. if there are any objections then they should be posted on the forum like you've suggested then we take them on board and resolve the situation.

Well we could award extra points.. so like i'd get 4 points instead of 3 for like playing shotty snips with you even though i know snipers are one your strengths. so then it'd be like Jayk's card thing which would add elements of risk to league.

edit: oh wait i forgot i can make a poll.

i'll make one... XD

ReputationRep:
    the only person i could see poking fun at the lower Divisons is Din which is why he's starting at the bottom
    Have fun trying to sleep tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Have fun trying to sleep tonight...
    oh i will :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    oh i will :jiggy:
    You're not worried about it?

ReputationRep:
    My list of hopefuls: Jehu Silva Bob Din Jayk Wiz Doom Veto Ali Crimson Jabba Loinx Intox Graham Peach Psycho

That's 16 potentials. If we can get 12 interested then I guess it will be 2 divisions of 6, assuming we play divisions

Maybe mention it to 1 or 2 good friends who aren't on TSR who like teh Halo. New faces always welcome

ReputationRep:
    Also I don't think it's a good idea to allow too much flexibility with the gametype options (like you mention shields in the OP etc). We'll just end up with crazy games and results that won't truly reflect on player skill

ReputationRep:
    My list of hopefuls: Jehu Silva Bob Din Jayk Wiz Doom Veto Ali Crimson Jabba Loinx Intox Graham Peach Psycho

That's 16 potentials. If we can get 12 interested then I guess it will be 2 divisions of 6, assuming we play divisions

Maybe mention it to 1 or 2 good friends who aren't on TSR who like teh Halo. New faces always welcome
    you forgot Clarky so thats 19.

are Ali,Veto,Loin and into registerd registered on TSR? O.o

ReputationRep:
    No but they are IRL friends so I'll contact them

Likewise if anyone has friends that want in, give them the forum details or something

ReputationRep:
    Jehu I posted up another idea for possibly balancing things in the 1v1 on the league forum if you wanna take a peek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    You're not worried about it?
    It?

what is it? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Whats this tournament/league about? What game is being played?

ReputationRep:
    It?

what is it? :lolwut:
    Some say it's a conundrum, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a pastry, wrapped in a lie.

Others say it's a snake so awesome it's venom is completely undetectable.

The rest of us just use it as a means to freak you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    well the game most people have is halo 3 or call of duty 4 so those are what we're planning to do the league with, it's not hugely serious or anything just a way to liven up games between us TSR peeps :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've stuck my thoughts on the recent ideas thrown about concerning the 1v1 League over on the League Forum! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    At the moment it's Halo 3, though we're looking to expand outside of that. CoD4 seems like a likely candidate for 'next'...

If that puts you off, sorry - we chose it for two reasons. 1. Every one seems to have it. 2. Un-paralleled stats-tracking. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for a - count 'em - triple post, but in case anyone here doesn't have the link to the League Spam forum...

http://tsrxbox360league.proboards.co...play&thread=69

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk)
    Apologies for a - count 'em - triple post, but in case anyone here doesn't have the link to the League Spam forum...

http://tsrxbox360league.proboards.co...play&thread=69
    i put it on the first page.

ReputationRep:
    i put it on the first page.
    True, but some people - i.e. me, hence why I thought of it - are hyper-lazy :awesome:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.