Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I've had 28-0 on a Social Big Team :proud: *shoots you down* :giggle: didn't upload it though cos I wasn't playing that well, just very lucky

What did you get yours on?
    28-0 and you call that lucky?

ReputationRep:
    Well I watched it back and I wasn't near the level of play I am now especially with the Snipes, plus half the enemy team left so it was 8 on 4. I just managed to steal most of the kills as usual :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    28-0 and you call that lucky?
    I'm not actually in the league but if a space opens I will hopefully take part but anyhow fancy playing a few games on halo 3? My gamertag is tricks uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comrade_Jack)
    The gambling thing does seem a bit confusing, it seems a bit odd that you don't get any extra points for 'beating the odds' and defeating a team with twice as many people or whatever.

P.S. I'm not sure if i've actually played with anybody from my team, have you actually checked if all those people who initially signed up are still interested?

i thought about it and now... i'll edit that section and you'll gain extra points while being outnumbered.

so it'll be like if you gamble

for a win = 4 + x

x= the number of missing members max being 3

and as for a loss you wont lose any points.. that idea was mainly just to pee off Din if he attempted to take on 4 people that is..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tricks)
    I'm not actually in the league but if a space opens I will hopefully take part but anyhow fancy playing a few games on halo 3? My gamertag is tricks uk
    read a couple of pages check everyone that posts frequently.. check the first page for their gamertag and add 'em they dont bite.. lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm heading online on halo now if anyone else is about and fancies joining. I'll probably be on for a while, theres not much else to do this evening in rainy devon

ReputationRep:
    Well I watched it back and I wasn't near the level of play I am now especially with the Snipes, plus half the enemy team left so it was 8 on 4. I just managed to steal most of the kills as usual :giggle:
    That reminds me: no Team Snipers or Shotty Snipers games unless I'm on Jehuty's team.:p:

ReputationRep:
    ummm everyone check your pm's aswell as the first page for fridays rules i'm not gonna be here this friday so Jehuty is leader of my team for this week..

gaah... now time to EAT..

ReputationRep:
    Pizzas in teh oven. I'll be online after that

ReputationRep:
    I'm not liking the gambling rules. It's not exactly fair for punishing teams who lose for going ahead anyway despite not having a full roster.

It's a risk vs risk scenario - if you go ahead, you'll probably lose and thus lose points, where there's no additional points for winning. That means there's absolutely no incentive to go ahead apart from ego stroking. And I don't stroke my ego - it's already big enough :rolleyes:

There should be incentive for going ahead - risk vs reward, so to speak. Do we go ahead and risk losing points? Do you think we can win this? Should we go for it? Who've they got playing for them? But at the moment it's just '**** it, I don't wanna risk losing points'...end of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk)
    I'm not liking the gambling rules. It's not exactly fair for punishing teams who lose for going ahead anyway despite not having a full roster.

It's a risk vs risk scenario - if you go ahead, you'll probably lose and thus lose points, where there's no additional points for winning. That means there's absolutely no incentive to go ahead apart from ego stroking. And I don't stroke my ego - it's already big enough :rolleyes:

There should be incentive for going ahead - risk vs reward, so to speak. Do we go ahead and risk losing points? Do you think we can win this? Should we go for it? Who've they got playing for them? But at the moment it's just '**** it, I don't wanna risk losing points'...end of discussion.
    oh right.. jayk if you read my above posts you would have seen i scrapped that idea of losing points.. >.< i'll edit it now..

ReputationRep:
    which of you arse holes are about for some halo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    which of you arse holes are about for some halo?
    Nah I am too tired, I can just about type

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)
    oh right.. jayk if you read my above posts you would have seen i scrapped that idea of losing points.. >.< i'll edit it now..
    Ah right. Didn't trapse through the back catalogue :p: I'm not saying it's a bad idea, mind - just it needs something to balance it out, like extra points for winning a 2v4, for instance. Any-bally-hoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk)
    Ah right. Didn't trapse through the back catalogue :p: I'm not saying it's a bad idea, mind - just it needs something to balance it out, like extra points for winning a 2v4, for instance. Any-bally-hoo
    Yeah would need balancing. Even so if you and Jehuty were playing a game of snipers you could pwn anyteam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah would need balancing. Even so if you and Jehuty were playing a game of snipers you could pwn anyteam
    Me? Snipe? Which Jayk are you confusing me with :p:

I'm on at the moment, BTW. Got a massively late start tomorrow - 6:30pm! - so am staying up for the long haul.

ReputationRep:
    Me n Jayk on the Mongoose! I'll snipe off the back of it. Good plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk)
    Me? Snipe? Which Jayk are you confusing me with :p:

I'm on at the moment, BTW. Got a massively late start tomorrow - 6:30pm! - so am staying up for the long haul.
    I don't mean snipe, Jehuty snipe but Jayk, your power is so awesome it kills people without a sniper rifle :p:

ReputationRep:
    Me n Jayk on the Mongoose! I'll snipe off the back of it. Good plan
    Hells to the yeah. If I can just figure out my fusion-core powered 'goose, and we can go so fast the sniper rifle bullets can't hit us
    (Original post by Wizard710)
    I don't mean snipe, Jehuty snipe but Jayk, your power is so awesome it kills people without a sniper rifle :P
    Yeah, well your no-scope sniper skills are far superior to mine, regardless of the weapon-free murdering I'm capable of.

ReputationRep:
    oh i'm i'd like to add peachy isnt playing on friday either so basically its just jayk and jehuty.. xD

this should be interesting..

however team zephyr makes the rules this week...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.