Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am from the states and wanted to apply to the University of Manchester Business School. In their prospectus it said for their BA Econ program they wanted a minimum of a 35 (a 6,6,5 for hl subjects and no sl could be less than a 5). I received a 33 on my diploma and did get a 6,5,5 for hl's but got a 6,6,4 for my sl's. I took IB Econ HL and was predicted a 7 in addition to having a perfect score (on my internal assessment) heading into the exam. For this reason I am not sure why I received a 5 in econ and want to have my econ exams re-marked.

My questions are as follows: should I bother to get my econ test remarked and do I stand a chance of being admitted with my scores the way they are if my econ score remains a 5 (which would leave me with a 33)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studsingh23)
    I am from the states and wanted to apply to the University of Manchester Business School. In their prospectus it said for their BA Econ program they wanted a minimum of a 35 (a 6,6,5 for hl subjects and no sl could be less than a 5). I received a 33 on my diploma and did get a 6,5,5 for hl's but got a 6,6,4 for my sl's. I took IB Econ HL and was predicted a 7 in addition to having a perfect score (on my internal assessment) heading into the exam. For this reason I am not sure why I received a 5 in econ and want to have my econ exams re-marked.

My questions are as follows: should I bother to get my econ test remarked and do I stand a chance of being admitted with my scores the way they are if my econ score remains a 5 (which would leave me with a 33)?
    Why don't you get one of your HL subjects marked...and see which subject would be capable to get a 6. In addition, try to remark your SL course with the 4. Hope you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for remarks for many or all of the subjects, I recommend it if you feel that you could earn that mark back. The bonus of IB remarks is that you can't get a lower score than you have already attained, so you may as well. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    True. But what are chances of getting a better grade?
    (Original post by Ayla Phoenix)
    You can apply for remarks for many or all of the subjects, I recommend it if you feel that you could earn that mark back. The bonus of IB remarks is that you can't get a lower score than you have already attained, so you may as well. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    that's what I was worried about. I want to avoid paying that 85 usd fee I had a perfect score on the internal assessment (supposedly the ibo did not change the scores on any economics internal assessments for our school) and I know I did not have a bad day on the day of the exam. Just kind of scared of having my paper remarked.

ReputationRep:
    Well...
    If you are sure that you got a perfect score on the IA and you performed really well in the exam, then ALL I can think of is moderation on your IA.
    Many people posted, refer to my thread in this Forum FYI, that their IA marks were downgraded by a considerable amount

(Original post by studsingh23)
    that's what I was worried about. I want to avoid paying that 85 usd fee I had a perfect score on the internal assessment (supposedly the ibo did not change the scores on any economics internal assessments for our school) and I know I did not have a bad day on the day of the exam. Just kind of scared of having my paper remarked.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.