Closing a bank account... Watch

Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Out of the 4 accounts that I have...I seem to be using two more than the other two...and contemplating the least used 2 accounts...and was wondering what the process is..? One's a Natwest and the other is a LLoyds TSB account..

munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
contact your bank? i dont think anyone on here can do it for you :P

unless of course you would like to transfer funds, in which case ill send you my details
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Haha...lol!

I kinda knew that no one on here will be able to do the process for me...but was wondering if it was a long process / a lot of admin work required..? In which case I might as well just keep the account open...
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I think you just have to go into a branch, request all your money (if the account isn't already empty), and ask them to close your account. I don't think a lot of paperwork is required at all.
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. Noth Lloyds and Natwest will usually withdraw the remaining money in the accounts and shut them down. Takes a few taps of a computer.
snu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's definitely a good idea to close unused accounts. Otherwise if you move and don't update the address and there are any mistakes/errors/fraudulent use you might not notice immediately and it could cause bigger problems...
warblade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go to your local branch and they should give you a cheque (not sure if they will do it straight off) with the amount of money you have in there. But yeah it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
or if you have another account with that back can have the money transferred to it
natweststaffmember
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are closing the natwest account down they can tell you the outstanding balance, get you to withdraw it, do the paperwork or close it straight away and closing statement sent to you within a week. Simple and straight forward.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (281)
45.03%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (188)
30.13%
I don't have an opinion (155)
24.84%

Watched Threads