The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Take them out? You shouldn't have them in too long anyway, it prevents oxygen getting to your eyes which makes all these little blood vessels and unhealthy eyes and sciencey stuff the optician's always telling me but I don't quite understand. Unless you have really really bad eyesight, and then take them out asap instead of straight away.
ixivxivi
Well, they can kind of do this - they can fold up underneath your eyelid or under the bit of skin under your eye, and can be a little hard to get out (so I guess that could appear to be behind your eye)

No they couldn't. They would be behind your eye LIDS.
I'd just take them out before i fall asleep, or sleep in them (i've done this in the past).

I got in a situation (not sex) where a girl was asleep on me whilst i had them in, so i started taking them out and she woke up halfway. Wake up to a guy you were getting off with poking his eyes, lol.

I wear dailies so it's not a problem, just take em out before i fall asleep.
Reply 23
how about gettin weekly ones?? acuvue have those - basically u can keep them in without having to take them out for a whole week so u can have them in while sleeping and showering. i've tried that once and u can't feel a thing.
Reply 24
hbandtr4eva
Why does it really matter? If they're sleeping with you then what's the big issue with them seeing you in glasses? If you're going to be together for a while then they'll see you in them at some other point during the relationship and if it's a one night stand then you'll never see them again? I don't see the issue :s-smilie: I wear lenses and my first thought when I stayed round my boyfriend's for the first time wasn't "omg what's he going to think of me wearing glasses?"

But yeah, if they're dailies - take them out but make sure you have a spare and if they're monthlies then before you go out just fill up your container with solution and stick it in your pocket then take them out after you've done the deed and before you go to sleep :smile:

Yes, i agree, do take them out, i went to a sleepover and my friend, who had just adjusted to them, forgot to take them out and in the morning her eyes were really red and swollen :s: didn't look nice at all :no:

on a totally different note, you share my birthday :biggrin: :five:
Get the ones you can keep in for thirty days straight. They're cheaper and you don't have to worry about taking them out each night.
I would just leave them in. It's not going to kill you, as long as you take them out first thing in the morning.
Reply 27
I leave them in during sex and take them out after (or when im off to sleep)

I have forgotten to take them out a few times in the past (even when not having sex just crawling into bed and dozing off) and in the morning you have like blurred vision. I just pull the contact lense out and carry on. It is stuck to your eye in a fashion, but not superglued down so to say but it doesnt hurt.
If your round hers and your wearing monthlies your better keeping them in, tbh most are licenced to be kept in for 48 hours anyway. Just wouldnt make a habit of it as it realllllly dries your eyes out and you can get infections and watnot. Its not worth the risk as I have now got permanent scars around my eye due to keeping them in for too long, which if over my pupil would blind me, ooopsy!

If your with specsavers I know you can get a transfer for freee to use peroxide for your contacts (the solution with the orange cap instead of green) which is MUCH better as you can keep them in longer/ sleep in them more without your eyes drying out, ask and they should change it for you. The only downside is if you put it in the peroxide solution you have to wait 6 hours before you can take them out and wear otherwise apparently it realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hurts. :yep:
Reply 29
Or specsavers also do some lenses which I can find if you really want to know what they are called, which you can sleep in *about once a week*. I make sure I don't during the week *just in case* at the weekend. I have the green top to my lens solution though.
kamie
Or specsavers also do some lenses which I can find if you really want to know what they are called, which you can sleep in *about once a week*. I make sure I don't during the week *just in case* at the weekend. I have the green top to my lens solution though.

The majority of people have this solution.
you need to keep using it - the other one - Orange, is Peroxide - and using it if you've not been specifically told to can burn your eyes.

Some lenses are designed to give you extra moisture..... I wasnt entirely aware of a weekly lens you could wear overnight.
Aconite
Contact lenses can't slide up behind your eyes. It's a physical impossibility. They can dry out and stick to your eyes, which isn't nice, but it's not terrible.

they really can slide behind your eyes
it happened to me
so im sorry but you really are wrong this time..
Aconite
They slipped behind the muscle anchoring your eye to the socket? I'm not buying it, pet.

Periocular migration of lenses is very rare - but can happen. Usually happens to people who have had cataract surgery or are wearing hard lenses - they can also become lodged in the eye lids - there's a case of one patient who stopped wearing contact lenses, twelve years later the contact lens spontaneously appeared on the cornea -

Anyway - possible - but so unlikely.
fieryiceissweet
they really can slide behind your eyes
it happened to me
so im sorry but you really are wrong this time..

It actually cannot physically happen.

And to the OP, do you wear dailies or weeklys etc? I wear fortnightly ones that you clean at night and i've slept in them many times and it's not really painful or anything in the morning, it can just feel a little dry for a bit.
As for dailies, my brother has them and sometimes he's goes for about a week without taking them out :eek:. I think it's just out of plain laziness but he says that it doesn't make his eyes sore or anything.

So just sleep in them overnight for just one night, it won't do your eyes any damage or make them feel sore.
princess_123

And to the OP, do you wear dailies or weeklys etc? I wear fortnightly ones that you clean at night and i've slept in them many times and it's not really painful or anything in the morning, it can just feel a little dry for a bit.
As for dailies, my brother has them and sometimes he's goes for about a week without taking them out :eek:. I think it's just out of plain laziness but he says that it doesn't make his eyes sore or anything.

So just sleep in them overnight for just one night, it won't do your eyes any damage or make them feel sore.

dailies, and only when i swim/play waterpolo
it happened when i was in a waterpolo match, water splashed up in my eye but left my eye open and it kindof lifted the contact upwards and then even blinking wasnt pulling it down.

(btw i know the difference between when it folds up in your eye, and when it can also move into the corner so it itches a lot as well..)
Reply 35
Is this seriously an issue???

wtf.
princess_123

It *can* physically happen - if you read the post I put just above yours.

I've seen a case of it - it's Periocular migragation.
This isn't good... I was out at a music festival on Friday, got a bit smashed and came home. I woke up on Saturday morning and my left lens is fine, but the right one is AWOL. I know its there because I've had varying levels of sight over the last couple of days but I can't for the life of me find it. I try to grasp it with my thumb and index finger but what feels like a lens may actually be my eye... euch. My dad said it might be on the right side but I can't find it anywhere. What's going on? Is it somewhere inside the eye socket? What should I do?

Latest

Trending

Trending