The Student Room Group

A level sociology and Psychology

Is psychology OCR or Sociology AQA easier ?, I want to do the one that’s the easiest.
any recommendations ?
I took both psychology and sociology at the beginning of alevels, personally i enjoyed psychology a lot more, but a few of my friends who also did both said sociology was easier which is why they dropped psychology. It really depends on you, why not try both and then drop one?
Reply 2
Hi, I did well at gcses in my English lit and Lang but had to work incredibly hard, Ik sociology consists of essays, I need to find out the depth these essays need to be written in.

How did you find psychology ?
Original post by Koala3
Hi, I did well at gcses in my English lit and Lang but had to work incredibly hard, Ik sociology consists of essays, I need to find out the depth these essays need to be written in.

How did you find psychology ?

Psychology (AQA) is split into 3 papers, each paper has 4 sub topics, each sub topic will either have 1x16 mark or 1x8 mark essays. My teacher really prepares us for every type of essay, as long as you know the content psychology essays tend to be easy. Timing for essays in psychology is quite strict but do-able. Psychology is my favourite subject at college, so it's safe to say i find it really enjoyable. It has a real variety of content as there are links to law, sociology and biology (especially the brain) within it, i definitely recommend it.
Reply 4
Original post by Amy Jaynee
Psychology (AQA) is split into 3 papers, each paper has 4 sub topics, each sub topic will either have 1x16 mark or 1x8 mark essays. My teacher really prepares us for every type of essay, as long as you know the content psychology essays tend to be easy. Timing for essays in psychology is quite strict but do-able. Psychology is my favourite subject at college, so it's safe to say i find it really enjoyable. It has a real variety of content as there are links to law, sociology and biology (especially the brain) within it, i definitely recommend it.

Thankyou this has been really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest