Fayzan_Ali
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Revising for a test and come across a scenario and got 2 questions. IF its a wound not a 'inflict GBH' then do you still talk about causation if theres an intervening act in the scenario?
secondly when looking for a wound does deep cuts suffice or will the scenario have to mention some element of blood?
Quick replies appreciated.
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You always would talk about causation. Intervening act is part of the causation or lack of.

If you have a criminal textbook it would go into what constitutes a wound/GBH to satisfy S20.
Fayzan_Ali
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by james_law)
You always would talk about causation. Intervening act is part of the causation or lack of.

If you have a criminal textbook it would go into what constitutes a wound/GBH to satisfy S20.
hey , so the definition of GBH s20 is unlawfully and maliciously wound OR inflict gbh upon v. In my textbook it talks about wound but no mention of causation for the wound BUT with 'inflict GBH' inflict means cause so causation is required so do i still talk about causation for the wound? Thanks
IpsaLoquitur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes, you discuss causation whenever a crime involves a specific consequence. It is implicit in the notion of wounding someone one - you can't wound someone without it being you who causes the wound to happen. A wound is something which breaks all the layers of the skin (Moriarty v Brooks (1834) 6 C&P 684). There doesn't strictly have to be blood and in theory you could do it without drawing blood - possibly by injecting a needle - but blood is obviously a good way of proving that all the layers of skin were broken.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.29%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (687)
41.19%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads